Hacking XBOX 360 Plugin is Invisible to Dashlaunch

laukinming

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Originally, I was planning to install a patch fix for the Aurora Dashboard that will prevent Aurora from crashing once I tell it to download assets from the Internet.

This is the one: https://github.com/StelioKontosXBL/AuroraCrashPatcher

What happened was that it was crashing each time I tell it to download cover art, and this patch supposedly fixes that.

But when I try to install the patch as a plugin in Dashlaunch, Dashlaunch doesn't see the file and thus doesn't add the file either. Indeed I did put it inside the plugins directory of Aurora, but the plugin is invisible.

I tried many paths, but to no avail. The only thing that shows is Nova.xex, and yes, the patch is an xex as well.

I also tried to write the path name manually by typing it on a computer and then put it in, but instead of reading the change verbatim, Dashlaunch would point to an "unknown" path (literally).

I'm running out of things to try.

There was one curious-looking message when I got to the plugins part of the Dashlaunch configuration: It says "(cannot unload with dashlaunch unload button!)." What does that mean?

Anyhow, like I said, I can't find any way for Dashlaunch to recognise the file and I am running out of ideas.

Did I miss anything?

laukinming

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
OK, never mind. I can see the file when I copied it to the root of the hard drive.

However, after, the XBOX 360 stopped. When I reset it, it gets stuck on the logo and stops. Might I add, the logo has no sound.

I read a few articles and did some testing. I pulled out the hard drive and it booted to the original dashboard. I put it back the hard drive back in, the XBOX 360 gets stuck.

Is it very safe to say that the hard drive is dead?

Aheago

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK, never mind. I can see the file when I copied it to the root of the hard drive.

However, after, the XBOX 360 stopped. When I reset it, it gets stuck on the logo and stops. Might I add, the logo has no sound.

I read a few articles and did some testing. I pulled out the hard drive and it booted to the original dashboard. I put it back the hard drive back in, the XBOX 360 gets stuck.

Is it very safe to say that the hard drive is dead?
Well if it happened after you ran this dashlaunch plug-in..it’s likely the dashlaunch plug-in

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
no need to do that. you can just place a launch.ini on a flash drive and override the one on the internal hdd. it's designed that way to correct errors if something like this happens. I don't recall the order that dashlaunch looks for the launch.ini, but external hdd is before internal hdd. I always keep my launch.ini and FSD folder on my external hdd for easy access. @aadz93 or @DinohScene might know why Aurora is crashing when you download artwork. however, I think Dinoh uses FSD just like I do. I've never personally encountered this problem.

edit: btw, here's that ongoing conversation when the op asked on psx place: https://www.psx-place.com/threads/xbox-360-plugin-is-invisible-to-dashlaunch.33740/#post-291592

Last edited by godreborn,

Deleted member 668561

GBAtemp Official Psychonaut
Banned
Trophies
somewhere within 4 dimensional space-time
XP
Country
United States
no need to do that. you can just place a launch.ini on a flash drive and override the one on the internal hdd. it's designed that way to correct errors if something like this happens. I don't recall the order that dashlaunch looks for the launch.ini, but external hdd is before internal hdd. I always keep my launch.ini and FSD folder on my external hdd for easy access. @aadz93 or @DinohScene might know why Aurora is crashing when you download artwork. however, I think Dinoh uses FSD just like I do. I've never personally encountered this problem.

edit: btw, here's that ongoing conversation when the op asked on psx place: https://www.psx-place.com/threads/xbox-360-plugin-is-invisible-to-dashlaunch.33740/#post-291592

You really only need fsd, xexmenu (if you're using stealth, fsd and other won't boot will usually give a blank screen, xexmenu and "live" safe homebrew uses coding tricks to make it appear you're still on the dash)

And 360 neighborhood

Honestly with a 320gb or better hdd will usually be plenty

Last edited by Deleted member 668561,

laukinming

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
To "pinky:" I apologise for posting the same topic in other places.

I did it to increase the likelihood of a reply.

I seriously did not anticipate that a person would notice.

It's just when the shit hits the fan, I panic.

Again, sorry.

AlfaVision

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Is there a way to wipe the XBOX 360 hard drive?
Go, system settings & Storage... But first write down your xbox 360 serials no. at console ID, system by settings menu, Because you will need this to wipe it out with otherwise It's, gradually impossible & go, on clear cache on your xbox 360 hdd at Storage menu after You've, punched the "Y", Button... For hdd content and now... Go onto format and punch the "X", Button... Punch & up, serials no. That You wrote down it will say... "Enter serials no...", on Xbox 360, Enter "x", Button to apply, system & format for activation & your done...

AlfaVision

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Ha, haa... Never by mind, I only found why this thing is not reponding, to my HD, gaming by device's & problem is.... Corrupted, xbox 360 HDD of a 250 GB, yipiee... Don’t mind dude's & cause's at least I only found out why... Don’t no, how to fix but I will see... Probably, looking & up, at social media & facebook by Instagram... Well... Bye, bye...?!!

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think there's a way to clear the cache of a 360 hdd, but there's not much in the way of maintenance other than formatting or replacing it. you have to go to storage devices in system settings and press Y over the storage device you want to clear the cache for. are dashlaunch plugins not visible for you either? check if they're hidden in windows. I don't know if dashlaunch is designed to see hidden files, but I doubt it.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you can replace the hdd on official with one made yourself, but afaik, it still has to be a wd scorpio model as each hdd model has a security sector assigned to it, and we only have the one for that model. how we got it, I don't know. however, that may have changed as I did mine well over 10 years ago. it's not very hard to do.

AlfaVision

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Okay, now... Well, alternativley there is a Nand Flasher for the Xbox 360, 250 HDD of upgrade which is a newer version from the - Simple Nand Flasher setup RGH JTAG full... Obviousley, They both only do, the same thing just that one is older than the other... Anyway, I had gotten to that part but I only try & wouldnt how to scoop that one off... It's, has only a little's to many time constraints, a little's of above easily, say than a do, I only found out that I cant top that kind of knowledge of however hard I tried, It's only way up onto It's top for my, aftertaste & as I noticed, everything is already with us... It's, time that will... Mend that one & I could give another one only say when & how... Which kind of information ℹ to step & up, I'll be on your clipbord, whatever a you drop at a line... I had just reflashed & formatted through my, notebook laptop... But Don’t worry, (Easy) works.. The same like a "Sony's, PS3..", already, done's the same on both my, other PS3, HD, gaming by device's... So, I think It's, cool's... Remeber It's, "My, computer..., Storage..., diskmanagment... All you have to understand is the partition scheme (Graphic table, icon charts...) with a SATA adapter cable of course... By the way, It's only [MBR...] and Not!!!" GPT... ", On the partition of windows(pops up, after managing, [new simple volume], scheme...) for management that all... Rest is to loop & through by only pushing, [Enter...] until it starts to partition your SATA connected, 250 GB, HDD Hold + Right's mouse Button on partition.... Manager scheme & click [new simple volume] in the sub menu...[Formatting..] take action in a sec & that's, a cue... Your's xbox 360 & 250 GB, HDD for SATA is formatted.... Put it back... See & check it out.... Chilling & out... Cherios & dude's, now... 👌bye, bye...

Last edited by AlfaVision,

AlfaVision

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
you can replace the hdd on official with one made yourself, but afaik, it still has to be a wd scorpio model as each hdd model has a security sector assigned to it, and we only have the one for that model. how we got it, I don't know. however, that may have changed as I did mine well over 10 years ago. it's not very hard to do.

Hi, Godreborn... Consinder my, xbox 360, 250 GB & hdd, Hacker ed with the Hacker.exe of softmodding, a platform of firmware for upgrading your system to install games on Xbox 360's... HDD, anyway I know it's much easily thus It's looking, only as long... Youve got all the knowledge & constraint to do, this one... All Youve got to looking, out for is what's your's got to do, how to do for ammending & Access to your's HD, gaming by access of information, capability... Now, I dont really, know how this going to working, but at least I got it fixed & up, from scratch.... Cherios & 🤚 dude's... Bye, bye....

Last edited by AlfaVision,

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if you're asking how to access the hdd, that depends on if you're on stock or using a jtag/rgh. you can do stock with party buffalo or similar. I'm not sure how it is now, but I was able to connect my 360's hdd to my pc using the transfer cable. that's back before I had a jtag.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Don't really see the point in updating it tbh
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea you right, I thought about updating my PS3 CFW to 4.91, but why really, everything plays fine now. I guess for people that have already updated past 4.9 it would be helpful.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Idk if online servers are still active that would be my only thought
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Thats true, personally I don't play it online at all, in fact, I deleted all wifi details on it once I installed CFW, so it won't connect and auto-update itself
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I play most games that are on both PS3/360 strickly on the 360, but PS3 exclusives are really only games I play on the PS3 (You know me, I'm more of a Xbox junkie)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ps3 really has no titles worth going online
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    what is nps?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, what about GTA v onl... O Yea the PS3 versión got discontinued
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I feel like the world's cheapest pc build can play gtaV
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    In modern standards
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, then why mine can't?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @K3Nv2 What is nps you mentioned?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Because your pc has a hamster innit
    +3
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    R.I.P. LittleBigPlanet PS3 servers
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    LBP2 still the goat tho
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That can be played on ps5 iirc
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm surprised any PS3 servers are still up, tbh
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Alot of manufactures do care about older consoles they just want to whine about piracy
    +2
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa I had 4.89 hfw on super slim that was great, but when I got a new hard disk I forgot where the guide was and could only find a guide for 4.90 and its resources
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa I think another reason to want to update is if the hfw is at the level of the fw
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    you can sync trophies
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea that's what I sitting on now- 4.9, and it seems fine, have had no issues at all
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    I don't know if people play online or such
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My ps3 short circuited during a deep clean still salty about it after downloading 2tbs worth but SteamDeck okay with emulation still just can't run mgs4 worth shit
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea forgot bout trophies. They just silly to me. Just like the xbox achievements. Hey, to each they own tho.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Yea forgot bout trophies. They just silly to me. Just like the xbox achievements. Hey, to each...