WTH is OneDrive?

Discussion in 'Computer Software and Operating Systems' started by Noctosphere, Apr 15, 2017.

1. Noctosphere
    OP

Noctosphere Moon furries | Official follower of Skiddon't-ism

Dec 30, 2013
    Canada
    Between three furries women
    Hello
    So, yesterday i restored my computer to factory setting and decided, while being there, to install windows on my SSD. But now, I just realised that some of my files, like those suposed to be on this path :
    C:\users\Nocto\documents\...\
    are not there anymore, they're rather there :
    C:\Users\Nocto\OneDrive\Documents\...\
    From what I've heard before, onedrive is cloud storage, but I don'T want to use that...
    So, if im not wrong, can you please tell me how to move my default folder from the onedrive to normal one, like the first path i wrote there.

2. Mikemk

Mikemk GBAtemp Maniac

Mar 26, 2015
    United States
    Reinstalling Windows and unchecking the OneDrive checkbox is the only method I can find that doesn't break stuff.

3. Captain_N

Captain_N GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mar 29, 2010
    United States
    If you dont use a microsoft account with as your pc login then one drive will be off unless you add credentials to it. I never use a ms account in windows 10. all accounts are local only.

4. Noctosphere
    OP

Noctosphere Moon furries | Official follower of Skiddon't-ism

Dec 30, 2013
    Canada
    Between three furries women
    alright, ill try that tomorow

5. Captain_N

Captain_N GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mar 29, 2010
    United States
    you can change your existing account to local. Most people have a ms account version as that the default selection in windows setup. i remember seeing local account in the bottom left in small text. I bet future windows wont have a local feature. wont it suck to have to have an internet connection to log in

6. Futurdreamz

Futurdreamz GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Jun 15, 2014
    Canada
    Yeah, it's suck so bad that it would make people stop buying Windows. Microsoft would have to be very stupid to commit suicide like that.