Hacking Would this be possible to unban?

atkfromabove

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I got a clean dump of my fresh NAND from my N3DS right when I unbox it and get banned when I play my Sky3ds on it could I reflash the fresh unbanned NAND to the N3DS to get back online? I know the possibility is slim but I haven't seen anyone ask about doing this yet so I thought it may be something to look at. Let me know what you thing and why.

Gamemaster1379

Trophies
Website
1379tech.110mb.com
XP
Country
United States
I don't believe anyone knows just yet how the bans are occurring. Once we know that, we can answer your question for sure.

If it has to do with any console's unique identifiers (such as MAC address), we would need high level homebrew to spoof new addresses. Just flashing a NAND wouldn't help with that at all (so in this case, no)

If it's something to do with NNID/IP address, by changing them, you could bypass it, yes. NNID basis means you'd love all purchases and friends though. In which for either of these, NANd flash is irrelevant.

atkfromabove

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah okay I just wanted to make sure. Would playing the Sky3ds offline with public headers until I can get a private header help me not get banned? I know that they keep the logs of all the games that are played but I don't have anyone with a DS that could dump a header for me. It is difficult to really know what is getting people banned without it being publicly known.

shinyquagsire23

SALT/Sm4sh Leak Guy
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't believe anyone knows just yet how the bans are occurring. Once we know that, we can answer your question for sure.

If it has to do with any console's unique identifiers (such as MAC address), we would need high level homebrew to spoof new addresses. Just flashing a NAND wouldn't help with that at all (so in this case, no)

If it's something to do with NNID/IP address, by changing them, you could bypass it, yes. NNID basis means you'd love all purchases and friends though. In which for either of these, NANd flash is irrelevant.
We already know how the ban works. It's a server-side console ID ban, which cannot be spoofed. Banning IPs is a bad idea, and MACs can be spoofed on the router side.

Gamemaster1379

Trophies
Website
1379tech.110mb.com
XP
Country
United States
We already know how the ban works. It's a server-side console ID ban, which cannot be spoofed. Banning IPs is a bad idea, and MACs can be spoofed on the router side.

Wasn't aware routers had that ability, and if that's the case with the console ID, then evidently a NAND flash is worthless then.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse