chrisman01

OP
Trophies
Website
empireofsteel.thecomicseries.com
XP
Country
United States
It seems that my last blog on gay marriage wasn't closed because a flame war was developing, like my first one.

People started talking about how religion was impacting this issue, and then the topic was closed!

It appears that the topic was closed just for discussing touchy subjects!

I don't think we were getting violent, and last I checked the internet has free speech. We weren't insulting anyone, so why was the topic closed?

I understand why my first blog on gay marriage was closed because it had turned into a nuclear flamewar... but there was no reason for this one to be closed.

Do one of the mods here have something against gays and/or discussing religous topics? Whatever the reason, please explain why you closed the topic!
unsure.gif

Brian117

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does that not teach you a lesson? Stop making racist and homophobic threads. Create one more and you better bet your ass that I'll be there to report it.

You, chrisman01, are officially added to my shitlist.txt on my desktop.

BlueStar

Trophies
XP
Country
chrisman01 said:
last I checked the internet has free speech.

Last I checked this was a private forum and the owners have the right to control what content they want on it.

Brian117

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Veho said:
Brian117 said:
Stop making racist and homophobic threads.
So it's his fault people on this forum can't keep a discussion civil?

rolleyes.gif

Veho, bro. It's his fault for creating a topic that was bound to be a flamewar in the first place. When it comes to religion, and sexual orinatations, you should know not to post it on a public forum with 200,000+ members of all religions and sexual orientations.

Canonbeat234

Redeemed Temper
Trophies
XP
Country
Well aren't we all human, at least the conversation a lot more open-minded then that rich Scientology actor who didn't want to explain about some bullshit that Xenu a internation galactic alien put humans inside volcanoes before the earth was formed!

p1ngpong

Gamer Professional Deluxe
Supervisor
Trophies
Website
imgur.com
XP
Country
Croatia
Hmm lets see.

Make thread that start a massive flame war, mod closes thread and asks you not to make another.

You make a second thread.

Mod closes second thread as you didn't respect his wishes.

You make a third thread asking why the second was closed.

.......infinity?

unsure.gif

chrisman01

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
No mods said ANYTHING. I just logged in and saw the thread was gone.

Same thing for the second thread. No mods said anything to me, no mods warned me, nothing.

The second one didn't develop into a flamewar, most people that posted were actually keeping it civil! Strange but true!

-------

Also, how am I being a drama queen if I just want to know what happened?

chrisman01

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
Brian117 said:
Does that not teach you a lesson? Stop making racist and homophobic threads. Create one more and you better bet your ass that I'll be there to report it.

You, chrisman01, are officially added to my shitlist.txt on my desktop.

WHY do you hate me? You always slam me in the threads I start, but I have never done anything to provoke you, at least not intentionally.

If I did somehow provoke you, I'm sorry. I'm just researching public opinion on current issues, so I am NOT trying to attack ANYONE here!

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Brian117 said:
Veho, bro. It's his fault for creating a topic that was bound to be a flamewar in the first place. When it comes to religion, and sexual orinatations, you should know not to post it on a public forum with 200,000+ members of all religions and sexual orientations.
I'm just saying that it's pathetic that a handful of touchy pissy trolls can ruin any possibility of ever having a normal discussion on certain subjects, and that that handful of trolls holds the rest of the forum by the scrotum.

Canonbeat234

Redeemed Temper
Trophies
XP
Country
Veho said:
Brian117 said:
I'm just saying that it's pathetic that a handful of touchy pissy trolls can ruin any possibility of ever having a normal discussion on certain subjects, and that that handful of trolls holds the rest of the forum by the scrotum.

I give Veho +1 for this one, its very rare you can find controversial topics without a flamewar. Usually the flamewar starts when a strong dislike towards something becomes a goal. Then back and forth, rabble rabble rabble rabble...

Mangofett

GBAtemp Testing Area
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
chrisman01 said:
No mods said ANYTHING.
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?s=&showto...t&p=2367899

Funny this original post by the mod answers all your questions.

"Because many of you lack the ability to post anything constructive I've hidden all (3 pages worth of) posts made here and locked this thread. Sorry for the others but it's the easiest way of stopping this getting out of control. I ask that the OP doesn't re-open this thread."

And Brian117, just because you are offended by it and feel the need to jam report every time you see something potentially homophobic doesn't mean the world has to go by your wishes. If you don't like the threads, kindly STFU and let others discuss.

chrisman01

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
Linkiboy said:
chrisman01 said:
No mods said ANYTHING.

"Because many of you lack the ability to post anything constructive I've hidden all (3 pages worth of) posts made here and locked this thread. Sorry for the others but it's the easiest way of stopping this getting out of control. I ask that the OP doesn't re-open this thread."

And Brian117, just because you are offended by it and feel the need to jam report every time you see something potentially homophobic doesn't mean the world has to go by your wishes. If you don't like the threads, kindly STFU and let others discuss.

Oh...wow... woops
blink.gif

When the mod did that, I did not recieve any notification or anything.

In fact, the thread had completely vanished from my profile page, thus I thought the thread had been completely deleted...

sorry Dice, if I had received some sort of notification, message, something, I wouldn't have made a new thread...

p1ngpong

Gamer Professional Deluxe
Supervisor
Trophies
Website
imgur.com
XP
Country
Croatia
chrisman01 said:
Linkiboy said:
chrisman01 said:
No mods said ANYTHING.

Oh...wow... woops
blink.gif

When the mod did that, I did not recieve any notification or anything.

In fact, the thread had completely vanished from my profile page, thus I thought the thread had been completely deleted...

sorry Dice, if I had received some sort of notification, message, something, I wouldn't have made a new thread...

Well Dice's reply was not exactly hard to spot, considering your second thread was directly above your first.

Maybe next time you should consider just PMing a member of staff when something like this happens for an explanation, threads aren't just shut down for no reason. And it helps to avoid all this sort of nonsense.

Brian117

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Veho said:
Brian117 said:

I'm sorry, but that thread wouldn't of gone far by any means. You got to admit that at least. It was full of homophobic Jamaican people saying they are a "gay hating country" and all Gays should die. You call that normal discussion?

QUOTE(Linkiboy @ Nov 5 2009, 05:33 PM)

I am only offended by the people who make the posts saying all Gays should die, burn, not get married, turn straight, should not adopt, etc.

And even if I don't like the threads, I have the right to post what I want to defend it. You think I wanted to read all the nasty comments on the first thread? Of course not.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Morning