Gaming Wireless Connection Problems..?

Rock Raiyu

Clock Up
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I installed Hamachi like a few days ago and for some reason, my wireless internet connection isn't there anymore. I use a Linksys Wireless Adapter. So now, I can't find my wireless connection. My mom uses a laptop and she claims she can connect to our old wireless connection but it doesn't even show up on mine. And when it does show up, I connect to it and after a while, it works fine. Then it disconnects and its not there anymore. Can someone help me get it back? Thanks.

mojoex

Trophies
Website
ordaria.net
XP
Country
when you install hamachi it creates a fake network connection. assuming you're using XP or Vista, go into network connections and make sure that your wireless connection is set to default. if that doesnt work, try disabling the hamachi network adapter and see what happens.

Rock Raiyu

Clock Up
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, I got my wireless connection back but now I have another problem. My download is REALLY slow. It was faster before but now it downloads from 8kb-15kb/s and it was way faster then that. Also, my loading of pages is really slow...

Law

rip ninjacat that zarcon made me
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
Ok, I got my wireless connection back but now I have another problem. My download is REALLY slow. It was faster before but now it downloads from 8kb-15kb/s and it was way faster then that. Also, my loading of pages is really slow...

Maybe somebody is leeching off of your wireless.

If you really think that Hamachi is the problem, uninstall it and try downloading something then.

Otherwise, clean your computer, do an Adware and Spyware scan, Virus scan, and then if it's still really slow make sure that your network is protected accordingly to stop people leeching off of it.

Mangofett

GBAtemp Testing Area
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Download is opposite of upload. Are you running torrents? The more upload you use, the slower the download.

Rock Raiyu

Clock Up
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Maybe somebody is leeching off of your wireless.

If you really think that Hamachi is the problem, uninstall it and try downloading something then.

Otherwise, clean your computer, do an Adware and Spyware scan, Virus scan, and then if it's still really slow make sure that your network is protected accordingly to stop people leeching off of it.

1) I already uninstalled Hamachi
2) Already done. No Viruses/Trojans/Spyware
biggrin.gif

3) The only person to leach off of me is my friend but he has a connection MUCH faster then mine so I don't see how he would use mine.

Download is opposite of upload. Are you running torrents? The more upload you use, the slower the download.

Last time I ran a torrent was a few days ago. And it was working fine then.

QUOTE(mojoex @ Feb 18 2008, 12:01 AM)
is it security encrypted?
try changing the key.

and how good is the signal? have you performed a speedcheck?
The keys have been changed. (I think?)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @Purple_Heart, fuck i'm feeling old too