Wiping Laptop Question

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Assuming you have more than about 10 gigs spare why not slice off a chunk ( http://partedmagic.com/doku.php?id=downloads /gparted being able to do such a thing with ease) and install XP to that- properly managed XP needs only a few gigs and that will be enough to test drivers out.
Likewise you can change the location of my documents and such like with relative ease if you want as well but after your tests if you want you can then delete the old partition and grow the new one with XP on it.

As others have said though do consider jumping to 7 as it about in line with XP in terms of resources needed to run a halfway modern machine (I doubt you could get 7 going on 256 megs like you can XP but 1 gig and a decent processor and there is nothing in it), bonus is 7 should be around for a bit longer (time will tell whether it will drag on like XP) where XP finally bites it in April.

Castiel

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
As others have said though do consider jumping to 7 as it about in line with XP in terms of resources needed to run a halfway modern machine (I doubt you could get 7 going on 256 megs like you can XP but 1 gig and a decent processor and there is nothing in it), bonus is 7 should be around for a bit longer (time will tell whether it will drag on like XP) where XP finally bites it in April.
I tried to use XP but none of the drivers would work. My bro went back to the HP website and it says that my laptop doesn't support XP drivers... So I then re-installed Vista so that I would have everything I needed and just upgraded to 7 from there. I must say I am seeing a pretty major improvement already :)

All of this and it only took from about 3:00 to 15:00, + finishing installing Windows 7 today (which was from like 1:00 to 4:30). :glare:
Too lazy to go back and check to see if I posted this already, but after Christmas tomorrow, I'm going to go try and find some cheap RAM to put in as well

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.acepcs.com/products/wizbox-g-mini-pc-amd-r7-7735hs lol wizbox +1