Hacking Wipeout 2048 and 444mhz mode.

masterz87

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has anyone tested this with that game? I know that a lot of people were thinking it'd reduce load times and if a game would be better case of checking the loading times it'd be wipeout 2048 I recently got the game and I am hesitant to play it because of the load times as I am not a patient person.

The only game I sorta put up with it was the uncharted series but that was because it was one god awful long loading screen and then many many short loading screens if there were any(mostly if you died) but wipeout I heard is up to a minute for a track to load and the update didn't do much to fix it, so I am wondering fi there's a list somewhere with game loading times compared with the cpu modes that other peopel have done.

Ganoncrotch

Trophies
XP
Country
If you think uncharted and Wipeout are bad you should take a look at Killzone Mercenarys, that game is insane when it needs to load, which is if you need to reload after dying too, but it is oh so beautiful to look at.

As for your question, I've not changed anything yet regarding clock speed but I'm not really sure would clock speed increase the loading time because I would imagine that has a lot to do with data transfer and ram fill times more than the cpu speed.

Reckless-0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Load times are noticeably better with the increased speed and to me it does look like the framerate increased. I have only tested on the PSTV with the WhiteList and have gotten quite a few crashes (never during a race, only when loading menus).... I just don't know if that is related to the fact that the game is not supposed to run on the PSTV or if it has to do with the clock speed increase. On the PSTV I have it set to automatically load with the higher clock speed... since there is no battery to worry about.

Reactions: MKKhanzo

masterz87

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I already ahve the game + expansions I got the game I got via gamestop's buy 2 get 1 free deal I got a bunch of ames and that was one of them. I imagined that it'd at least reduce it somewhat my question was just how much. As it's processing data and the faster it can do it, the better the loading should be. I know patches supposedly made it better but still I hate loading times outside of 5-6s maybe 15s tops in game. I don't have a pstv yet and I think that it might be part of it. AS the game at least from what I've seen the game _requires_ the touch screen to select which mode you want to play. I don't know how the PSTV is actually selecting which mode you want to play.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: hello