Solution 9

OP
Trophies
Website
brady.2ya.com
XP
Country
Canada
I am not a soccer fan. Actually, I tend to detest it. At least, when it's on TV. But when it comes to video games, I love soccer games. They are fun an exciting. Winning Eleven is no exception. This game has only been released in Japan (so far), but it's worth the cost of importing it if you're a soccer/sports fan.

Gameplay: It's basically what would expect from a soccer game. Kick ball. Run. Kick ball. Score! Nothing new here at all. The field is the same size, and very realistic. I especially loved how large the field is. You have to run for quite some time to get to the other court. Anyway, this game has fast and exciting gameplay, and its very fun to play.

Visuals: Nicely done! The court is lush and green, and all the players look nicely animated as well. They all look the same, but this is a GBA game and all. You can sometimes lose sight of the ball; this is due to the small GBA screen. If you are looking for a soccer game with nice graphics, well, here it is!

Sound: Not much sound at all... When you get close to the net, you hear the fans cheering for you. Otherwise, there isn't much more to hear. A song plays when you score, and when you configure the game. As for sound effects, well... They are nice, but nothing to get excited over. The announcer is Japanese, but I can tell it repeats a lot. You hear the same sentence shouted out over and over. If this game finds an American release, hopefully they can add more lines for the announcers to say.

Fun Factor: If you're a sports or soccer fan, you'll have a great time with this game. I hate soccer, and I'm not a huge sports fan, but I still had a grand ol' time with this game. I've been playing it for about a week now, and I find it hard to put it down. You never know, you just may be the same way. Give it a try, what do you have to lose?

Replay: Well.. it's a sports game. There isn't anything to unlock, but I kind of expected that. The game has replay value, though. Since there are a lot of teams, the combinations are endless. Want to have Italy Vs. France? Go for it! Hungary Vs. USA? It's a date! You'll have fun pitting all the countries against each other to see which team will be victorious.

Recommendations: Sports fan take note of this title. You need to pick this game up. Soccer fans will be in heaven. People like me, who are not into soccer, may want to check it out. Have an open mind and give it a try. You may like it, or you may be like me and fall in love with it.

This game earns a 8/10!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Oh man don't get the snowflakes worked up +1