~••Lucky҉Shot••~
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
And you think the PS3 has no games? Someone didn't look at both sides... IMO though the PS3 will win the 360 and the Wii in the end considering Ratchet and Clank, Oblivion, Resistance, Warhawk, Heavenly Sword etc those are all great titles. I have a Wii and I'm getting a PS3 really I regret getting the Wii since it has no games that I like..

Ze, stop it. 5 games is not a library. And Oblivion isn't even a PS3 exclusive, it's available for the Xbox 360 and PC as well. So that essentially makes it 4 games. And Warhawk is completely multiplayer and can be downloaded to the PS3, making it more of a download than a real game (albeit a really entertaining one). Now couple that with the fact that just about reviewer says that Heavenly Sword is a beautiful game visually with absolutely no replay value, and that it's only worth renting because you can beat it in a handful of hours, and that brings your total down to 2 games. 2 games do not make a console worth it.

Think with logic, man! No one here is trying to badmouth your preferred console, we're simply weighing the the facts as the currently stand. Stop lashing out at anyone who criticizes the PlayStation 3 for legitimate reasons. Everything we've talked about in this thread is proven, whereas your replies are always the same, "look at the library of 2 games my beloved console has". That's not a good rebuttal, it's not even a good rabid argument, it's just nonsense.

ZeWarrior

TheWarrior
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
Theres just so much out on the Wii in the next few months and I don't see the PS3 taking over for a while. The Wii has basically sold on hype alone for most of the year, now its games are gonna sell it.

Also if this does actually happen, all Nintendo need to do is a price cut (which it can easily do seeing as its the only console making money) or some new packages/colours and it'll be back on top.

Hmm... It would be very silly for Nintendo to reduce the price, its already very cheap for the standard that the Wii is setting.

Even if the PS3 is going to last longer, Nintendo will keep on fighting and its going to take a lot for Sony to overcome it, especially with some of the great titles that is being released for the Nintendo.
I personally think the Wii is overpriced. Don't get me wrong I think their idea is next gen but the hardware isn't, its probably got the worst build quality since the NES as well. I hate to winge about Nintendo stuff being a fanboy but its hard to deny the truth.

I've read that it costs something like less than £100 to make each Wii. They make loads of cash off this thing, they even made loads off the GC.

It costs approximately 211$ to make every Wii Selling it for 39$ more than it costs doesn't seem too overpriced to me..

ZeWarrior

TheWarrior
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
Theres just so much out on the Wii in the next few months and I don't see the PS3 taking over for a while. The Wii has basically sold on hype alone for most of the year, now its games are gonna sell it.

Also if this does actually happen, all Nintendo need to do is a price cut (which it can easily do seeing as its the only console making money) or some new packages/colours and it'll be back on top.

And you think the PS3 has no games? Someone didn't look at both sides... IMO though the PS3 will win the 360 and the Wii in the end considering Ratchet and Clank, Oblivion, Resistance, Warhawk, Heavenly Sword etc those are all great titles. I have a Wii and I'm getting a PS3 really I regret getting the Wii since it has no games that I like..
Where do I say that the PS3 has no games? I've seen what all three have to offer, right now I reckon 360 is better than PS3...right now. I prefer the Wii as I prefer Nintendo games, always have. The Wii is the one that seems to have the games that appeal to the masses.

Heavenly Sword, played that thought it was very average to be honest.
Oblivion, a 360/PC port of a classic game that was released ages ago.
Ratchet & Clank, never liked the series.
Warhawk, its pretty good.
Resistance, its good for what it is.

You never did but you only looked at one side of the argument as in The Nintendo Side you didn't bother to mention what the PS3 had to offer and only the Wii.. It's like you implied the PS3 had no games while the Wii had everything.

CockroachMan

Scribbling around GBATemp's kitchen.
Trophies
Website
www.homembarata.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
Hard to say right now.. but I don't believe that will pass the Wii, specially with SSBB and Mario Kart coming early next year.. The PS3 might have some good sales when MGS4 and FFXIII come out.. but that's about it..

The PS3 is going much like the N64 in his days.. it was a good console, had 1 or 2 excellent games.. but it wasn't enough to compete against the Playstation.

As for the Xbox360, it is a good console, but it will never go well in the japanese market.. I might be wrong, but I believe that the main reason for that is just because the japanese market is very protectionist with their own products, occidental games never had success there, I doubt it will start now..

Do you people do any research at all to backup your claims.. If the PS3 has 1 or 2 games wtf happened to Heavenly Sword, Ratchet and Clank, Resistance, Motorstorm, Warhawk and those are all exclusive... If I add those and the 2 you named it's 7... What does the WIi have? Mario Kart...(Old jeezes), Mario, and Smash Brawl.... Wow 3 Games.. I guess by your marker 3 is bigger than 7 eh?

Those might be good games.. never played them, can't say.. but they're not appealing to the public and they don't sell consoles like a Mario Kart or a Final Fantasy do..

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you people do any research at all to backup your claims.. If the PS3 has 1 or 2 games wtf happened to Heavenly Sword, Ratchet and Clank, Resistance, Motorstorm, Warhawk and those are all exclusive... If I add those and the 2 you named it's 7... What does the WIi have? Mario Kart...(Old jeezes), Mario, and Smash Brawl.... Wow 3 Games.. I guess by your marker 3 is bigger than 7 eh?
Mmm I see more than 3 Wii titles.

Nights, Zack & Wiki, Zelda, Excite Truck, Mario Galaxy (wipes the floor with ANYTHING on ANY Sony console), Mario Kart, Battalion Wars 2, No More Heroes, Final Fantasy CC and various others all of which are exclusive, sure some of those are yet to come out and may not live up to expectations but still its a fair few.

Its you're opinion really, if you hate those sort of games or you not gotten into the Wii stuff than nothing in the future will change your mind.

I personally love Nintendo's games, they makes a console for me and Sony's stuff has never really turned my head.

Ace Gunman

~••Lucky҉Shot••~
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
You never did but you only looked at one side of the argument as in The Nintendo Side you didn't bother to mention what the PS3 had to offer and only the Wii.. It's like you implied the PS3 had no games while the Wii had everything.

No one is saying that, the Wii has only a handful of games that are truly worth it, but they exist: Zack & Wiki, Zelda: Twilight Princess, Metroid Prime 3, Super Mario Galaxy, Super Smash Bros. Brawl, No More Heroes, NiGHTS: Journey Into Dreams, and others, but I don't want to write down every worthwhile game. However, the ones I just mentioned off the top of my head total 7.

And if you'll notice, while we have picked apart the PS3, we've also picked apart the Wii. That's the nature of this discussion. We're not specifically pointing out flaws for your system of choice. Oh, and by the way, you should stop double posting, you'll get yourself in trouble.
ph34r.gif

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia

ZeWarrior

TheWarrior
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil

No one is saying that, the Wii has only a handful of games that are truly worth it, but they exist: Zack & Wiki, Zelda: Twilight Princess, Metroid Prime 3, Super Mario Galaxy, Super Smash Bros. Brawl, No More Heroes, NiGHTS: Journey Into Dreams, and others, but I don't want to write down every worthwhile game. However, the ones I just mentioned off the top of my head total 7.

And if you'll notice, while we have picked apart the PS3, we've also picked apart the Wii. That's the nature of this discussion. We're not specifically pointing out flaws for your system of choice. Oh, and by the way, you should stop double posting, you'll get yourself in trouble.
ph34r.gif

Finally we can agree in something I suppose. If you count the PS3 though it has Downloadable content ( ie demos, movies, etc ) The Demos are free while the Wii you can't really try them out without renting and that costs money
frown.gif
So in overall if you think the game is bad you can download a demo of it or maybe a PS1 game since you can download those too from the PSN store. Anyway I see this fight as pointless since I currently don't even have a PS3 yet just a Wii but I've played it in my friends house and the PS3 rocks @_@

EDIT: Sorry for the double post again.

Ace Gunman

~••Lucky҉Shot••~
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Finally we can agree in something I suppose. If you count the PS3 though it has Downloadable content ( ie demos, movies, etc ) The Demos are free while the Wii you can't really try them out without renting and that costs money
frown.gif
So in overall if you think the game is bad you can download a demo of it or maybe a PS1 game since you can download those too from the PSN store. Anyway I see this fight as pointless since I currently don't even have a PS3 yet just a Wii but I've played it in my friends house and the PS3 rocks @_@

What a twist!
laugh.gif
It was never a "fight" though, just a friendly heated debate. But one things for sure, it's best to keep things civil. I think the PS3 is one fantastic piece of hardware. I also own a Wii. And while the Xbox 360 is my console of choice, I don't yet own one. What we have there is a recipe for an unbiased discussion on the current and future standings of the "console war". Now let us continue with the discussion.
smile.gif

ZeWarrior

TheWarrior
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
frown.gif

What a twist!
laugh.gif
It was never a "fight" though, just a friendly heated debate. But one things for sure, it's best to keep things civil. I think the PS3 is one fantastic piece of hardware. I also own a Wii. And while the Xbox 360 is my console of choice, I don't yet own one. What we have there is a recipe for an unbiased discussion on the current and future standings of the "console war". Now let us continue with the discussion.
smile.gif

Really though the only thing I hate about people complaining about the PS3 being overpriced.. It costs 830$ to make the 80GB and they sell it for 500$..... You're getting a 330$ discount... People really really need to get this in their heads >.>

Ace Gunman

~••Lucky҉Shot••~
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Really though the only thing I hate about people complaining about the PS3 being overpriced.. It costs 830$ to make the 80GB and they sell it for 500$..... You're getting a 330$ discount... People really really need to get this in their heads >.>

Now that's a fair point. Here's Sony practically giving them away in comparison to the manufacturing cost. But I think that one comes down to a certain viewpoint with a lot of gamers. We've gotten used to certain pricing models for video game systems over the years. So when a $600 system came along, everyone, even the people with fancy $4000 HDTVs felt that it was a "rip off", but the truth of the matter is that it was actually a great value.

But I admit, even I have my own set console price number in mind. I won't buy a console for anything over $299. Well, I might be willing to settle for $350. And that's how many gamers think, we're so used to having consoles at a certain price that the PlayStation 3's price point seemed foreign and offensive to us.

Ace Gunman

~••Lucky҉Shot••~
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Eh.. 500$ is a lot but not that much..

Well, it's not so much about the amount as it is what we're used to. Some people will pay $3000 for a gaming PC, but will become offended by the price of the PS3, it's all perception.

And while we've been on-topic to some degree this entire time, lets get back on the more immediate track. PS3, can it overtake the Wii? I think several things need to come together for that to happen: the Wii would need to have a dry spell (and since there are very few things scheduled for mid-late 2008, that could very well happen). The PS3's current price point would also have to turned heads, encroaching on on the Wii's territory, which is another possible scenario. But the real defining moment would be the PS3 getting a slew of good games all at once. And as of now, that seems to be the least likely. It has a few on the way, but they all seem to be spread out.

ZeWarrior

TheWarrior
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil

Well, it's not so much about the amount as it is what we're used to. Some people will pay $3000 for a gaming PC, but will become offended by the price of the PS3, it's all perception.

And while we've been on-topic to some degree this entire time, lets get back on the more immediate track. PS3, can it overtake the Wii? I think several things need to come together for that to happen: the Wii would need to have a dry spell (and since there are very few things scheduled for mid-late 2008, that could very well happen). The PS3's current price point would also have to turned heads, encroaching on on the Wii's territory, which is another possible scenario. But the real defining moment would be the PS3 getting a slew of good games all at once. And as of now, that seems to be the least likely. It has a few on the way, but they all seem to be spread out.

I see what your saying...The PS3 might pass the Wii and 360 in Japan/Europe but not in the US for a long time..... Still the PS3 is dominating 2 regions not bad
smile.gif

jakeruston

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country

I see what your saying...The PS3 might pass the Wii and 360 in Japan/Europe but not in the US for a long time..... Still the PS3 is dominating 2 regions not bad
smile.gif

I disagree.

The Wii is still quite hard to find here in Europe because of the massive sales figures, and thats just based on hype. When the big games come around, there will be no stopping Nintendo and Sony will be begging for mercy.
smile.gif

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well all in all its gonna be a pretty interesting console war, all three have the potential.

Wii has the "cool factor" Nintendo developed games and the controls, hopefully developers will use those controls a lot better, I remember the DS had the same problem (still has with some games).

PS3 seems "future proof" just needs the developers to get use to developing for it. Most 360 and PC games will be on it too so thats more games for its library.

360, good back catalogue and an awesome Live service plus being a couple of years old it'll be cheaper to make and should be even cheaper to buy in the future plus most PC/PS3 games can be ported.

It seems to me that the future is handheld though, what with the PSP getting stronger by the month and the DS seemingly unstoppable. I do prefer playing my games on a big TV but I live with a woman who likes to watch stuff on my big TV and my other TV isn't that good.
frown.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/bG1pQld.mp4