Hacking WiiWare/Virtual Console Ganes Only on Loader

Crash10

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hi everyone, thing is: I have a WiiWare game installed as usual, using WAD Manager and stuff, and I plan to download more WiiWare and Virtual Console titles on the future. The Wii's memory by itself seems to be insufficient for me, so I just wanna ask: Is there any way I can install those games and not have them on my Wii Menu, instead being only on my Hard Drive? If so, how can I do it? Thanks.

Tomy Sakazaki

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
I dunno on how to properly do it on vWii (the Wii inside WiiU), but I remember that on Wii you could use virtual NAND instances to fill with lots of WADs, and you could use USB Loader GX or something similar to load them, instead of redirecting the home menu to this virtual memory.
Maybe this guide may help you:
https://sites.google.com/site/completesg/how-to-use/sneek

Crash10

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Thanks for that, but, what if I, for example, download the game and use WAD Manager normally, then just deleted the channel on the Wii Menu? Will the game stay on my USB Loaders, and will the game's save file be affected? It seems like an easier option, that's why I'm asking.

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you delete the channel it deletes everything except the ticket and game saves, so there's nothing to launch.

Just use a loader that can dump your NAND and run the games from emuNAND with a cIOS. There are only a few games that aren't compatible with that and you can use NEEK2O for those with the same NAND dump.

Crash10

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Okay, last thing. After I redirected, will I have to reinstall my current WADs and then delete them from the Wii Menu? Or is it the opposite?

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
emuNAND should work fine on vWii, but NEEK requires a different kernel that isn't publicly available as it was never made into mergable modules like the original one and it contains copyrighted IOS code.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: damn wifi