WiiWare Problem

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Guytsu, Mar 11, 2010.

Mar 11, 2010

WiiWare Problem by Guytsu at 9:11 PM (934 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. Guytsu
    OP

Newcomer Guytsu Newbie

United States
    I've had my Wii softmodded for a while now, and have had no problems. I can play every backup I've ever downloaded through the loader and all that, and it all works fine.

Now I'm having a problem. I've decided to try WiiWare games, but I can't for the life of me get them to work. I download the wad file to my sd card, then install them with wad manager. The channel for the game appears on the Wii main page, and all is fine. When I try to actually start up the game, however, I automatically get sent back to the Wii main page, every time. No matter what Wiiware games I try, I always get sent right back to the main page before the game even starts.

Since I've been unable to get into the Wii Shop Channel ever since I softmodded my Wii, this is the only means I can play WiiWare games. It's pretty frusterating when it doesn't work like this. Does anyone happen to know what the problem could be?

2. nitrostemp

Member nitrostemp GBAtemp Maniac

Australia
    update your ios's

3. XFlak

Member XFlak Wiitired but still kicking

Canada
    u need to install a patched system menu IOS to play pirated vc/wiiware games

to use the shop channel, u need to install the most recent versions of IOS61 and the Shopping channel (can be done using dop-mii or nus auto downloader + wad manager)

also not a bad idea, many vc/wiiware titles use IOS53 and IOS55, update those two for sure, but u may as well update them all (I made this REALLY easy for u to do, just download and use NUS AUTO DOWNLOADER). If u use the original NUSD, be careful not to download/install any stub IOSs (safer/easier to just use my nus auto downloader program)

4. Guytsu
    OP

Newcomer Guytsu Newbie

United States
    Thank you for the responses. I thought my ios' were updated, but I guess not if WiiWare games won't work.

If I use your program, I'll still be able to play all my burned backups? If I have to sacrifice one for the other, I'd choose being able to play the backups. I know that's probably a stupid question, but as this is my only Wii and I doubt I'll ever be able to get another one, I like to be as cautious as possible. (I know, I know, odd that I would say that when I attempted to softmod my Wii in the first place >.> )

5. XFlak

Member XFlak Wiitired but still kicking

Canada
    backups only use IOS249, which is not downloaded by my program (unless u download the stub ios249, which is hard to do by accident), so to answer ur question, no, updating your IOSs will not effect your ability to play backups

also, updating your IOSs is extra, there is no harm in doing it, but what is for sure required for u to play pirated vc/wiiware is A PATCHED system menu IOS (u cant get this from my program), use dop-mii to install it, or get it from xzxero's guide (or if need be u can make the wad yourself using wwpacker's freethebugs)

to use the shopping channel it is required to install an updated IOS61 and Shopping Channel (this u can get from my program)

6. nitrostemp

Member nitrostemp GBAtemp Maniac

Australia
    it would be cool if your auto app could run off the wii and install the updates that way