WiiWare #0847 - 3D Pixel Racing (USA)

Windaga

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I definitely dig the art style and music. Does this play more like a realistic racing game (in terms of gear shifting, drifting, handling, etc) or is it more like Mario Kart? Because I'm reaaaaalllly not a fan of realistic racing games.

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Looks nice, but it looks like 3D pixels (or voxels) only goes to the extent of graphical implementation.
By all means, blocks should go flying off the cars after collision!

DDJM

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Juanmatron said:
Racing in the Minecraft World = SICK GAMEPLAY!

I just tried the gane... not bad but not great. And I really don't like the motion controls used to steer (why no d-pad option??).

Slyakin

See ya suckers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
_Chaz_ said:
Juanmatron said:
Racing in the Minecraft World = SICK GAMEPLAY!
Because everyone knows that Minecraft invented the voxel and isn't overrated at all.
It is, however, one of the few games to make it really well-known.

And I wouldn't say overrated. It really shines if you play it for maybe an hour.

newo

Trophies
Website
wiibrew.org
XP
Country
Jamaica
Who decided to cover most of the screen with HUD elements? Well I give a 5 to any game that has 4player split screen. Motion only controls however are unforgivable!

lizard81288

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I played a little bit of it. here are my thoughts.

The controls are weird. for example to pause the game, you have to press + and - at the same time. to shift its A and B, which isn't bad, but A is gear down and reverse, so when you shift down, you also go into reverse too. with that said, to reach the buttons, or some of the button combos, you have to adjust your hands, and with this being motion control only, your car will also respond so you'll fly off the track if you tilt to press the A button.

The drifting is sim-like, so you can't gun it like in mario kart, you have to break, and if you are going too fast, even though you break, you'll still hit the wall. tapping 2 doesn't work either. also when i turn/drift i never do it right. i either, still hit the wall, or i lose too much speed.

another issue with it, is its an open world, but on tracks. in some levels, think of this like excite truck, big areas to jump off of, but if you stray from the track, they put you back on it. that might not seem bad, but some of the zig-zags are flat, so instead of turning, it looks better to pile straight through, like on the Italy track, but they force you to zig-zag, even though you could just go straight.

another issue is, or maybe i'm just dumb, is for pursuit mode you cannot select the tracks, its just random only. in this mode, you get chased by the fuzz.

Also, I guess Turbo is a power up and not like in Excite truck. I have yet to find turbo.

I have really only played solo race, and i can't get high enough in the rankings, due to the sim-like drifting mechanics, other than that, it feels like a kart racer. I want to like it, but the drifting kind of blows. If i could recover from drifting through turbo that would be cool, but i have yet to encounter turbo. The game has unlockables, so that adds in replay value, plus i like the graphics.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @BakerMan, Any idea what happened? I hope that your brother's doing good.