Status
Not open for further replies.

Doctair

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
would like to see a working compile too..

maybe one of these two projects will implement UPNP or DLNA or something, like geexbox, that would make it even more awesomer
yaywii.gif

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
jservs7 said:
Sam Mularczyk is the artist who made this GUI in the now removed MPlayer CE GUI wiki:
Wait a second...are those pictures from the first post a preview of WiiMC's GUI, or is this just a speculation of what the GUI may look like?

jservs7

Witcher of Whores
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wever said:
jservs7 said:
Sam Mularczyk is the artist who made this GUI in the now removed MPlayer CE GUI wiki:
Wait a second...are those pictures from the first post a preview of WiiMC's GUI, or is this just a speculation of what the GUI may look like?
Those are just example pictures of a GUI that Sam Mularczyk had submitted on MPlayer CE GUI's old Google page. Just to give an idea on Sam's art style, which I thought would have been one of the best picks for the layout.
smile.gif

roku93

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Wever said:
jservs7 said:

Neither. They are pictures made by the "official" designer of WiiMC. No more, no less.

Tantric

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
roku93 said:
Wever said:
jservs7 said:

Neither. They are pictures made by the "official" designer of WiiMC. No more, no less.

Well put! They indicate the general "feel" that you will see since it's the same artist but do not reflect the layout or give you an idea what the final look will be.

killplaystation

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
an open source, full featured/full skinned, ppc native, media center would be great. Though the screens do look like mock ups, I would never doubt the mplayerCE team

joeblack2k

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
one thing i hope it will understand

a VIDEO_TS folder is a dvd so.. if you press a button on that folder just show the dvd menu
i hate video.ts files
tongue.gif

owyeah..

awsome screenies!

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
172Mo of sources and lib, that's the biggest homebrew I know
tongue.gif

st33lb0ne said:
Has anyone been succesfull compiling this?
I couldn't compile it without error.
I've a .h file missing.
libmenu/menu.c:425:29: error: fribidi/fribidi.h: No such file or directory

I won't ask for help as it's not yet officially supported.

I'll wait until the first WiiMC official release.

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Doctair said:
I like the mplayer ce icons that Blue-K made.. the black was slick.. maybe he can make some new ones for this release too..or maybe it will grow on me once its released and I see a nice forwarder with it.
Oh well...thanks
smile.gif
. Honestly, I'm not that happy with my old Logo. The new Logo they have is simple, but the only thing I like about it is the Font...but hey, it's only a logo, right
tongue.gif
? And the GUI from Sam Mularczyk was my personal favorite too, so I'm happy that he'll do it
smile.gif

Anyways, let's throw my opinions in:
QUOTE said:
DVD playback, with DVD menu support
On the Wii? Somehow I doubt that...and if the compatibility doesn't increase, it doesn't matter for me. But if they have 100% compatibility and the menu, I would be realy impressed.
Music player
Give me one like XBMC, with a nice-looking virtualisation, and I'm happy.

Oh, and some aditional Links for the Designer:
http://twitter.com/sammularczyk
http://unikdesign.net/

roku93

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Blue-K said:
Anyways, let's throw my opinions in:
QUOTE said:
DVD playback, with DVD menu support
On the Wii? Somehow I doubt that...and if the compatibility doesn't increase, it doesn't matter for me. But if they have 100% compatibility and the menu, I would be realy impressed.

I'm surprised this isn't done already.. 3x speed is well enough for smooth DVD playback. There isn't any technical limitation to 100% compatibility and menus AFAIK

Blue-K said:
Music player
Give me one like XBMC, with a nice-looking virtualisation, and I'm happy.

If anything, I'd like it to resemble the interface of iTunes or iPad. I'm mostly talking about the sidebar, because that eliminates the need to constantly change to playlists, albums, artists etc. views. But I trust that sam will do his best and it will be great. But the lack of cover art on both video and audio is such a shame. Almost feels like the whole GUI project is such a waste because the interface is text based anyway.. Well not really, hurray for the new gui, it looks amazing
smile.gif

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
12345 said:
how is the status?

expected final release in a month, 3 months, half a year or a year?
Well, you can always check the progress on Googlecode...they are still pretty busy, a few updates every day. Though, it seems that right now no Images are in the Source (besides the generic Wii-Pointer)...

If I were you, I wouldn't wait for it. Go on, and when it's out, you'll be surprised and happy
tongue.gif
. I think this will still take some time...

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Blue-K said:
12345 said:
how is the status?

expected final release in a month, 3 months, half a year or a year?
Well, you can always check the progress on Googlecode...they are still pretty busy, a few updates every day. Though, it seems that right now no Images are in the Source (besides the generic Wii-Pointer)...

If I were you, I wouldn't wait for it. Go on, and when it's out, you'll be surprised and happy
tongue.gif
. I think this will still take some time...

Okay, thanks for the reply.
Got this bookmarked, will check it once in a few weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    I @ I-need-help-with-wup-wiiu: i have an issue with loading games on usb with usbloadergx on vwii. Is there anyone that can...