Wiigate backup launcher problem

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by dewisant, Oct 5, 2008.

Oct 5, 2008
  1. dewisant
    OP

Newcomer dewisant Member

United Kingdom
    Hi Guys,
    I've installed the new backup launcher via the twilight hack.
    I have installed cios5 and dvdx
    I have managed to backup a copy of Zelda pal via the wii using the wb3000's guide http://forums.nintendo-scene.com/index.php?topic=2415.0
    I have just patched the backup iso using backup creator with gui.
    It has reduced the size of the iso from around 4.6G to about 4G
    I have burnt two copies at low speeds using nero and image burn on two different discs ritek g05 and ty02.

Then I try and use Backup Launcher 0.1 and launch game I get an error message scrunched up which looks like "No DVD identify Failed"
    But the words are over each other.

Any ideas?
    I am using
    CIOS36_rev5-64-v1042.wad
    I have used Custom IOS Rev3 Installer ti install ios249

I notice that when I run dvdx installer it only gives the option in install io35 is this correct.

I am on a fast learning curve as I only started reading about this a couple of days ago [​IMG]

cheers
    dewi

2. Draganta

Newcomer Draganta Member

Germany
  3. dewisant
    OP

Newcomer dewisant Member

United Kingdom
    Thanks, I reloaded cios5 and then this gave me the ios249 option in dvdx............thanks again

dewi

4. dewisant
    OP

Newcomer dewisant Member

United Kingdom
    I've only just realised that I can use wiigator's launcher AND waninkokos loader.
    The game I was trying is not compatible the launcher (only just found out) but when i tried it with the old loader it works!!!

Happy Dewi [​IMG]

5. iamjamieq

Newcomer iamjamieq Newbie

United States
    I am having the "No DVD identify failed" error as well. I had previously upgraded to 3.4, installed Homebrew channel and Backup Loader 0.1, downgraded to 3.3, and got everything to work. I've played several games with no problems. Tonight I tried loading a game and got the error. I tried another one I hadn't played before, same error. So I tried playing a game I've played many times and I got the same error. I really have trouble following all this talk about cIOS and such, but I think I've done everything right. Can my wii upgrade to 3.4 without my permission? Do I need to downgrade again?