gameshark

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
sarkwalvein said:
A solution to the black screen bug:

About the black screen bug:
Many times when you try to boot some game it will lead to a black screen.
It seems to be related to the titles.ini file; at least that's the conclusion I've arrived after several tests.

Solution:
Just delete the titles.ini file both from the SD:/wiiflow and USB:/wiiflow folders, and don't download game titles again until a bugfix is released.

and if you try to set the language on English for those black games.

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Blue-K said:
Sorry, I realy don't know where to ask, so I'll try it here. I started on a Theme, it's nearly ready, but I simply don't get every option in the theme.ini. For Example:
QUOTE said:
effect_x=0
effect_y=0
buttons_x=0
buttons_y=380
next_h=100
next_w=100
next_x=530
next_y=280
etc... there are also other lines I don't realy get...Is there anywhere a new, Up-to-Date documentation about this, about all functions in the .ini? Thanks in Advance!!!

@Hibern: Nice work, realy, realy nice work. This won't be my main loader, but for shure I'll use it from time to time.
Anyone? Don't you want a new theme or what
smile.gif
?

Benjay

Hardstyle Addict
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
copied from this post :
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=148...t&p=2031958

effect_x/y is where the button comes from.
So if you have effect_x=-100, the button comes from 100 pixels away on the left.

effect_scale_x/y is how big the button is when it's invisible.
effect_scale_x=0 means the button will grow from a size of 0 to the size you've set.
effect_scale_x=1 means the button doesn't grow/shrink.
effect_scale_x=2 means the button is twice bigger when it's invisible
A negative value gives a nice effect too.

About the "next" inputs , i think you found them in the [main] section.
they are used to set the differents areas where the icons appear.
let me explain :

- h and w are used to define the size of this area (in your example , 100x100 pixels)
- x and y are the coordinates of this area (in your example , 530 pixels from left of the screen , and 280 pixels from top of the screen)

so , when you put on screen your pointer in this defined area , the "next" button appears.

you can define 3 zones , one for the previous button , one for the next button , and one for the settings , credits , home and favorite icons.

I wish you did understand what i was trying to explain ^^

PS : totally off-topic but yesterday i could see on the bottom of the page , members that were reading the topic , but today it has disappeared...
is it an option to set up ? i can't find it anywhere...
or was it just a test ?

Spidy1000

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Benjay said:
PS : totally off-topic but yesterday i could see on the bottom of the page , members that were reading the topic , but today it has disappeared...
or was it just a test ?

Maybe they removed it because off the problems the board was having.

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
gameshark said:
sarkwalvein said:
A solution to the black screen bug:

About the black screen bug:
Many times when you try to boot some game it will lead to a black screen.
It seems to be related to the titles.ini file; at least that's the conclusion I've arrived after several tests.

Solution:
Just delete the titles.ini file both from the SD:/wiiflow and USB:/wiiflow folders, and don't download game titles again until a bugfix is released.

and if you try to set the language on English for those black games.

Setting the language to English won't solve the problem. The Wiiflow's black screen bug that KiiNG, dsfanatic5 and other users are suffering isn't related to the language you set for the game, it's something that happens under certain circumstances... The thing here is that if you delete the titles.ini file it doesn't happen at all...

Every time I put my titles.ini file among the rest of the .ini files the black screen problems happen again, and it doesn't matter what I do to the game configuration or general setup, so I'm sure that it's a problem with that file and Wiiflow that causes the black screen when launching games.

If you've got into that specific bug you'll understand what I'm speaking about, well if it happens just delete that file and it'll work alright again, don't download game titles (in other words, don't ever create that file again) and you won't suffer the problem ever again... Until an actual bugfix is released...

PS: If you're curious about the bug, here's my titles.ini file, created by Wiiflow (with the download titles option)... Just put it in your USB:/wiiflow folder and you will experience the black screen bug.

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Benjay said:
or was it just a test ?
Thank you very much, now I can start to do the final touches the Theme
smile.gif
. /Off-Topic/ Oh, and yes, GBATemp has problems...they removed many stuff and put it on again..like the readers of the Topic, or the Information that you posted in this Topic...also it's incredible slow for me...hope that they will be stable again soon...
frown.gif
/OffTopic/

dno32

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Outstanding App - thanks for your hard work Hibern.

I setup WiiFlow using the WiiFlow channel a SD card and an 8GB USB stick and it worked fine, I has some trouble running Wii Sports Resort but once I had run it from DVD and watched the video it would load from the stick with no problems.

I have now swapped the USB stick for a hard drive and partitioned it so I have a FAT32 partition and the game WBFS partition. I have removed the WiiFlow files from the SD card and extracted the files from the WiiFlow download onto the hard drive so that they are totally new and untouched.

I started WiiFlow from the WiiFLow channel and it boots from the Hard drive but I get the error "WBFS_Open failed: -1" any suggestions?

I am running cios V13b do I need to update to V14?

Spidy1000

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Update to rev 14 and make sure your harddisk is connected to the USB port closest to the edge and also make sure all partitions on your HDD are PRIMARY and the WBFS partition should be the second 1. Format the WBFS partition with WBFS manager 3.01 for best compatibility

dno32

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks Spidy1000, The FAT32 Partition is the primary and I did use WBFS manager 3.01 to format the drive. I will update to r14 tonight, do you know where I can download it from?

Hyaku Shiki

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
With the forwarders they always look to the apps\wiiflow folder. So how do we utilize the wiiflow_222 and wiiflow_249 folders.

Are you guys customizing forwards to each of those folders or just doing a copy n paste if you want to use the different version.

Also the only way I was able to get Wiiflow working from USB was to put the files also on the SD. Then suddenly everything worked off of USB. Why did I have to have it that way?

Thanks guys,

HS

geedub

Trophies
XP
Country
Hyaku Shiki said:
With the forwarders they always look to the apps\wiiflow folder. So how do we utilize the wiiflow_222 and wiiflow_249 folders.

Are you guys customizing forwards to each of those folders or just doing a copy n paste if you want to use the different version.

Also the only way I was able to get Wiiflow working from USB was to put the files also on the SD. Then suddenly everything worked off of USB. Why did I have to have it that way?

Thanks guys,

HS

there is actually a 222 channel in the wad folder on the download , so the best solution is to have one as a forwader and one as a channel

C

CasperH

CasperH said:
Does this loader support code downloading direct from USBgeckcodes.org and convert it into a .gct?
It's one of the reasons I choose (maybe I change it from now) Configurable USB loader.
If it isn't supported, see it as a suggestion;-)
Anyone?

Hyaku Shiki

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
geedub said:
Hyaku Shiki said:

Thanks guys,

HS

there is actually a 222 channel in the wad folder on the download , so the best solution is to have one as a forwader and one as a channel

So these two files are forwarders as well?
---Wiiflow IOS222-WFHH.wad which looks to apps\wiiflow_222
---Wiiflow IOS249-WFHW.wad which looks to apps\wiiflow_249

geedub

Trophies
XP
Country
sorry i cant say for sure just now which ones are channels and which ones are forwaders, but if you install one as a channel then it doesnt look for a folder as its installed with the channel

if you understand what i mean ?

Hyaku Shiki

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
geedub said:
sorry i cant say for sure just now which ones are channels and which ones are forwaders, but if you install one as a channel then it doesnt look for a folder as its installed with the channel

if you understand what i mean ?

Yes I do understand but that leads me in a circle. I don't understand why the files have the two folders wiiflow_222 and wiiflow_249 if the forwarder only looks for apps\wiiflow.

so the only thing I can do then is copy to \wiiflow from the 222 and 249 folders.

Or get someone to make forwarders that do this.

WiiFlow_Forwarder_toStd.wad ....(looks to apps\wiiflow)
WiiFlow_Forwarder_to222.wad ....(looks to apps\wiiflow_222)
WiiFlow_Forwarder_to249.wad ....(looks to apps\wiiflow_249)

Or is there a way to have one forwarder installed but it gives you a choice at load of which folder to go to. That would be ideal.

geedub

Trophies
XP
Country
pretty much , if you dont want to do as i suggested

one as a channel !
one as a forwader !

i dont believe it was ever hibern's plans to release 2 versions , i believe this was only released as some people may have requested it / or reporting problematic games eg MPT ! ( only he can answer that )

i cant see why you would really need to use both very often , therefore the less used one can just be launched via HBC

but like you said im sure someone will make two seperate forwaders to point to those seperate folders , someone like spayrosam im sure

KiiNG

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just rework one of the multi-loader channels already found on the forums. I've got mine set to load 249 by default, and 222 if I hold A. (Used the imagery from the StarNight wad.)

djbubba2002

Trophies
XP
Country
Great work , I just add music to my WiiFlow , its is nice to here music now .. is there any way to take out the sounds from the game.. now .. very nice work , everything works for me ,, all my covers come to 1.5gb on my sd card ....

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, i have a physical copy of mgs4
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    ok I tried it and 1) it doesnt boot wood menu automatically and 2) when trying to load a game through wood theres just a loading screen
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's low on wood
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    lemme ask in forums
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yawn
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @Xdqwerty No you heard wrong, and don't believe till you experience yourself. Fallout 4 is one of my favorite games of all time. Yes it had issues early on, esp with older hardware like the xbox1, but it is awesome, esp now being 4k on Series S/X or PS5
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, Then i think people were talking about fallout 76
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    that one was buggy too
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea you right there, fallout 76 was a letdown, but it not that bad now, they have fixed slot of issues they had at launch. Biggest issue with Fallout 76 is its a pay to advance further type of game, which sucks
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, I may probably download fallout 3 or new vegas on my ps3
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    cuz I didnt like fallout 1 that much
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    New Vegas is awesome, F3 was ok too.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I played Fallout 4 on PC, I enjoyed it honestly. Not my favorite game on earth but at the same time I didn't hate it at all lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That's cool you got a ps3... Glad to hear. Game on!
    +1
    Ironic this was posted today lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I think the tv series has boasted play of, I did see they said playing of it Is up, way more than norm
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've been playing the next gen version on Series X all day, I love it. :wub:
    +1
    Downloading some random stuff, damn almost 400GBs in like 4 hours lol
    Gonna be over 1TB this month.... damn lol
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    At least you have some fast speeds. What a drag that used to be, I remb downloading 1 pic back in the day, and seeing line by line show
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nighty night.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or worse, you downloading something, and someone calls your phone and interupts the download, good ole AOL
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Or worse, you downloading something, and someone calls your phone and interupts the download...