Wii64 help!

Discussion in 'Wii - Emulation and Homebrew' started by sushiplatter, Feb 10, 2009.

1. sushiplatter
    OP

sushiplatter Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 4, 2009
    United States
    Whenever I try to load Wii64 it freezes on the "load game" screen. What can I do to make this work? I have an NTSC U softmodded Wii, and I have a folder "n64roms" on my sd card with roms in it. Let me know if you need any other info.

thanks in advance,

SP

2. UranusKiller

UranusKiller TranceMaster

Feb 9, 2009
    Redcar, England, UK.
    rename to N64ROMS place on root of SD
    make N64SAVES on root of SD aswell

3. sushiplatter
    OP

sushiplatter Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 4, 2009
    United States
    I just tried that, and still no luck. Thanks for the suggestion though.

Does wii64 ever work?

4. Raylene2K7

Raylene2K7 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Apr 20, 2007
    Jamaica
    parts unknown
    of course it works

but don't espect to play ANYTHING, you better stick with an emulator for the PC

5. celebi23

celebi23 Member

Newcomer
    Nov 6, 2004
    United States
    I don't mean to seem like I'm hijacking this topic but, anyone able to compile the latest build? I've tried to compile it on Windows & a Mac (both with devkitPPC R16 installed properly) and I get errors both times. The latest build is r473. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

6. timishu

timishu GBAtemp Regular

Jan 26, 2009
    United States
    Scatland
    Well, this may sound stupid, but make sure that your HBC is the most recent edition, and make sure that if you have 3.4, you downgrade the firmware of IOS. I had the same problem for a while and then if found out that I had incorrectly installed HBC.

7. lavamasta

lavamasta GBAtemp Regular

Feb 21, 2009
    United States
    i get the same problem... also, when i installed my wiiware/vc games to my wii, some of the n64 games didnt work like quest 64 [​IMG] y is that? do i need to use wii64 with it?

8. KiiWii

KiiWii GBAtemp Psycho!

Nov 17, 2008
  9. Riley

Riley GBAtemp Maniac

Mar 9, 2009
    Canada
    BC Canada
    Ive never been able to load any Roms with that thing. Ive given up and stayed with PJ64 for PC. Or just use wads !!!

10. Digital1980

Digital1980 GBAtemp Fan

Jan 8, 2008
    United States
  11. BlackEnigma

BlackEnigma GBAtemp Fan

Mar 1, 2009
    United States

I'm guessing it's the latest build. (Thanks)

It works for me, though the speed isn't improved (wasn't expecting it to be)
    Debug and FPS are initially turned on. They can be turned off in the menu (Press reset on the Wii to get back to the menu after starting a game)

12. sushiplatter
    OP

sushiplatter Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 4, 2009
    United States
    I figured out my problem. I wasn't using the VC controller, d'oh. Now it works but some of the roms I load are terrible. Thanks for all the help.

13. Smartpal

Smartpal The Guitar Guy

Feb 10, 2009
    India
    New Delhi, India
    This is kinda offtopic, but can you use Wii64 to play roms only with a wiimote?

14. sushiplatter
    OP

sushiplatter Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 4, 2009
    United States
    As far as I know you need the VC controller hooked up to the wiimote, or the gamecube controller.

15. Smartpal

Smartpal The Guitar Guy

Feb 10, 2009
    India
    New Delhi, India
    Damn it. >_>

16. BBking83

BBking83 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 23, 2008
    Australia
    Hi guys! Trying my best to find out as much info myself without asking but looks like I need to now. [​IMG]

OK, I got Wii64 from the WiiBrew page. I got a few roms (.N64, .Z64 & .V64 which WiiBrew says it supports) and the app loads fine. When I go to load a ROM it says, "An error occured". I haven't tested the ROMs on a PC but I assume they work??

WiiBrew doesn't say it supports SDHC but it also doesn't say it doesn't? [​IMG] Could that be the prob? 4G.

Oh, I also followed:
    http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Wii64

Thanx guys! [​IMG]

EDIT:
    OK. I think I know the problem. I don't think it supports SDHC. I used a 2G card and it loaded fine.

It's pretty sloooww, though...? Ahh well. Might just stick to N64 VC. I wanted to play Perfect Dark, Mega Man 64 and Golden Eye 007.