1. ChristianKirbo

OP ChristianKirbo Member
    Newcomer

Germany
    Hello, I am scared of bricking my Wii software (call me coward) and am trying to get Super Mario World to work as a full fledged game on my Wii. I am wondering if there is a way to load an SD card without home-brewing, or if there is a DNS that I can connect to that can get me the game. My Wii is in 4.3U, so it is at the max update. Please help me on this one, thanks in advance.

2. banjo2

banjo2 gamer

United States
    I believe there are some emulators that could run off of Letterbomb/Smash Stack or something like that (just put the boot.dol file on the root of the SD card, start the exploit like the guide tells you and you should theoretically be golden) but I'm not savvy with those, maybe someone else could help you with those.

Anyway, a DNS wouldn't host the game because of legal reasons. If you have Priiloader you'd be safe from bad channel installations/bricks, but BootMii would be good to have too.

My suggestion for a minimal experience with the SMW channel instead of an emulator is to follow the wii.guide LetterBomb guide up until you've installed the homebrew channel (although I highly recommend installing BootMii as Boot2 if possible)
    Then, install Priiloader. At this point you will have basic brick protection, against things like bad channel installations. It also had some other perks.
    You can now add WiiMod Lite, which you will use to install WADs, like SMW. With your WAD on your SD, navigate to WAD Manager on WiiMod Lite, find your WAD, and install. Once complete, you should see it on your Wii Menu and be able to play it, and you can remove the Homebrew Channel if you want. If configured correctly, Priiloader should exist in the background, unnoticeable.

Last edited by banjo2, Aug 20, 2020
    jeannotte likes this.
  3. ChristianKirbo

OP ChristianKirbo Member
    Newcomer

Germany
    Okay, I think that I'll throw Priiloader on and just homebrew it-- thanks for the advice and all, but I'm just cautious because I've already bricked 2 other Wiis, one of them with a bad system update, and one of them with a faulty game disc lol. Thanks.

banjo2 likes this.
  4. Draxikor

Draxikor GBAtemp Fan

Mexico
    Priiloader has hacks to prevent bricks, you can block the updates from originals discs and online.

jeannotte likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Homebrew, Virtual, Console