Wii USB alternative

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by SKGleba, May 7, 2017.

1. SKGleba
    OP

SKGleba O ja pierdole!

Nov 11, 2016
    Poland
    Warsaw
    /{I know its a NOOB question}/
    As in topic - are there a way to play backups from sd?
    Long version: I have a wii 'fat' and i succesfully installed hbchannel usbloader etc (long time ago) only thing that didnt work was dvd drive (burned disc wont work). Yesterday i put my usb stick into port 0 and launched usb loader gx - error mounting usb drive , i rebooted console - still the same error , launched nintendont - usb fat device cannot be initialized. All other apps (file manager, mplayer, usb adv loader) -still the same
    I removed the usb and it was verrrrry hot.
    Plugged this drive to pc - not detected.
    So i plugged a hdd with movies but usbloader,nintendont,mplayer etc got the same error as before BUT the hdd didnt get hot or formatted - windows detects it and everything works fine.
    So: what can i do to play backups - is there a way to run out of SD?(i know that gamecube games yes) and which app i must use?

Very sorry for bad english

2. azzarod

azzarod Member

Newcomer
    Jan 3, 2017
    Yes you can play Wii backups from an SD card, just not with USB Loader.

WiiFlow and CFG Loader are the most popular options for using the SD Card instead of a USB drive (although I'm not sure how up-to-date CFG Loader is these days). If you search the forums, you should find tutorials on how to get them going.

SKGleba likes this.
  3. SKGleba
    OP

SKGleba O ja pierdole!

Nov 11, 2016
    Poland
    Warsaw
    THANKS!!!!! i will give a try:-)