Wii U with Error Code 16-0103 Not working with Pico boot

zincmann

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I have followed Voultar's video on youtube but I have a Error coded 106-0103 with 5.3.2 U FW 109471053. I have purchased a Sandisk extreme 64 GB formatted to Fat 32. I have the Pico flashed and every time no matter when or where I insert the USB cable with PICO attached I am not getting the recovery menu. I have tried RIGHT after DVD Drive initializes, I have tried JUST as WIi U Logo pops up after the grey Nintendo logo disappears and still nothing. Any thoughts on this at all? Thanks!

- Have also tried multiple micro USB cables thinking maybe its that, no its not
- Pico works and was able to flash it
- SanDisk card has all files I believe should be on it
- SD Card is formatted to 32xxxKB or below file size I did it at 32xxx then 16xxx still nothing

Trying to troubleshoot but out of ideas.

Last edited by zincmann,

SDIO

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Firmware 5.3.2 is too old for UDPIH.
When do you get the error? Can you get to the browser?
Also forget that video, he clearly doesn't know what he is talking about. That video spread so much misinformation.

zincmann

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also forget that video, he clearly doesn't know what he is talking about. That video spread so much misinformation.
OK thanks for that. I get the error after I cycle through to setting up a Mii. I cannot get to the browser I do not believe. I appreciate the advise, was my first place to source that info. What say you I do next?
Post automatically merged:

I find its best to plug in the pico once the drive does its second spin up if you cant see anything on screen.
I have been plugging in the Pico once I hear the second spin up and once I see the Wii U Logo, i have also tried RIGHT after the second spin up and same results.

Make sure you're using the front ports and that there are no other USB devices attached.
Thanks for that yes I have been trying both front ports and have nothing else attached. Seems to be my firmware is older for this hack so waiting on next steps.

SDIO

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
If you have a 3ds, you might be able to use the NNID from there on the Wii U to skip the Mii creation.
Else you probably have to defuse, since all the exploits that are accessible to you (udpih and DNSpresso) are written against the latest firmware and won't work here.

zincmann

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you have a 3ds, you might be able to use the NNID from there on the Wii U to skip the Mii creation.
Else you probably have to defuse, since all the exploits that are accessible to you (udpih and DNSpresso) are written against the latest firmware and won't work here.
Thanks SDIO I will read this and give it a go. I may be back.

So I guess the question is based on what I provided info-wise, what path should I ultimately take?

@SDIO sorry for asking this question you seem to have quite a bit of knowledge. I used to do a lot of modding back in the day but tutorials have become sometimes more challenging to follow and it could be my age as well LOL

Last edited by zincmann,

wildgeeza

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Looks like I've stumbled on the same issue here. I have my dad's old1st Gen 32gb Black WiiU. It struggled to boot initially, but managed to get into the Wii menu once. I noticed it looked to be at 3.0.1E when scanning through some of the menus, so a way off the 5.5.5. I put a disk in, and it crashed out again. Not beeen able to reboot since.

If I manage to get it to boot again, is it worth risking to try and upgrade to 5.5.5? Or is that just not worth it?

Alternatively, can I do a NAND-AID with that firmware? Just replace the eMMC with a blank SD? I don't care about any of the settings and never installed any marketplace games.

I have the Pico and an SanDisk Max Endura 64GB to hand. Tia!

Last edited by wildgeeza,

zincmann

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can anyone help me please? Just trying to move this console back to working order and much appreciated!

Looks like I've stumbled on the same issue here. I have my dad's old1st Gen 32gb Black WiiU. It struggled to boot initially, but managed to get into the Wii menu once. I noticed it looked to be at 3.0.1E when scanning through some of the menus, so a way off the 5.5.5. I put a disk in, and it crashed out again. Not beeen able to reboot since.

If I manage to get it to boot again, is it worth risking to try and upgrade to 5.5.5? Or is that just not worth it?

Alternatively, can I do a NAND-AID with that firmware? Just replace the eMMC with a blank SD? I don't care about any of the settings and never installed any marketplace games.

I have the Pico and an SanDisk Max Endura 64GB to hand. Tia!
Did you get an answer yet? I am on 5.5.2 so under the 5.5.5 minimum just trying to find the path forward so I can get mine fixed.

Last edited by zincmann,

Maq47

Lord of Pyro
Trophies
Website
idont.have.one
XP
Country
United States
Can anyone help me please? Just trying to move this console back to working order and much appreciated!

Did you get an answer yet? I am on 5.5.2 so under the 5.5.5 minimum just trying to find the path forward so I can get mine fixed.
Just FYI, when a double post merges, a mention in the second post does not notify the mentioned user. @wildgeeza

SDIO

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
So I guess the question is based on what I provided info-wise, what path should I ultimately take?
If you can't bypass the Mii Maker (via an existing NNID) you have to defuse. You could also wait and hope that someone backports UDPIH, but I don't see that happening in the foreseeable future.

Normally updating in that state is an bad idea, since it could make things worse to the point that defuse is the only option. But since your only other option at the moment is defuse anyway with that old firmware, you can give the update a try and if it goes wrong you have to defuse.

I am on 5.5.2 so under the 5.5.5 minimum
5.5.2 would be fine but above you said you are on 5.3.2
5.3.2 U FW

zincmann

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you can't bypass the Mii Maker (via an existing NNID) you have to defuse. You could also wait and hope that someone backports UDPIH, but I don't see that happening in the foreseeable future.

Normally updating in that state is an bad idea, since it could make things worse to the point that defuse is the only option. But since your only other option at the moment is defuse anyway with that old firmware, you can give the update a try and if it goes wrong you have to defuse.

So the de_fuse is NOT available yet? Or am I reading that wrong. Now that I know what it is...looks like you would use a PICO with wiring ?

zincmann

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Other mod chips are also just micro controllers with some software running on them
Understood thanks SDIO. I will look into this, it will take some skill but I am sure I can figure it out. Since I bought this one and its in excellent condition in box with all bags etc I was going to sell it, have already too many Wii U consoles in box in my own collection I am debating whether this work will be worth it.

qjamal

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a way to check current version of firmware when mine is stuck on logo screen?

I grabbed the logs which say mine has 5.1.2 U. Can I manually update it?

Last edited by qjamal,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    babycomingsh @ babycomingsh: 最好换一个新的SD卡