Hacking Wii U System Menu deleted?

Sjeele

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hello, i'm a bit new to hacking the Wii U..

Back in the old day i have a original Wii (hacked) so i can play downloaded games or modded SSBB
I have no trouble playing the Wii..

When Wii U released i used it to play SSB4 on it with some friends. When i heard it was possible to customize SSB4 I went into it, downloaded modpacks, make my own modpack etc.
I used the webpage technic loadiine.ovh to load the mods.
I also installed the homebrew channel so I can run emulators and roms on my Wii U.
Then all the shit happens when the Wii U updated to 5.5.2

Yesterday I invited some friend over to Smash 4. I have downloaded an modpack for smash and this one worked back in the day.
I noticed loadiine.ovh was diffrent and it wanted to load Homebrew, i thought this was new. But it got stuck loading homebrew with the website.
Searching online said that it has a succes rate of 60% to load. Then I heard about the site sleepii.ovh, this one worked, but it just loaded the homebrew channel I had, so i didn't need the page..

I heard you needed some programs to load the mods in SSB4, so i got some apps:
- WiiU Title Dumper (needed when I want to mod Smash)
- Haxchi 2.5u2
- loadiine_gx2.ef
- Mocha CFW
- SDcafiine

They said to only use SDcafiine, but the mod pack wasn't loading.
I was a bit in a rush, because my friends would arrive shortly, so I clicked Haxchi, installed it (without Brain Age on my system!), I also used the Mocha CFW.
Now when I startup the Wii U it goes straight into the Homebrew channel.
I saw that when you press the B button on startup it will go into System Menu, but when I do that it loops from Black screen to Wii U Menu screen to Black screen to Wii U Menu sc.. you get the point.
It also says that it failed to download a System Update and I'm connected to internet (I can acces the Internet Browser)

When I press the home button it goes to Mii Maker, when I press home again and close software, it goes back to homebrew screen.

Did I bricked my Wii U? Did I deleted the System Menu? How do i Delete Haxchi without getting in the menu screen? How do i just fix my Wii U?
Please help me so I can sm4sh again :)

Sjeele

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I thinkt that I haven't change the DNS, it been awhile ago when I did this, it is possible..
I can notce that when i boot Mocha it want to start the Wii U, but it starts Mocha

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I thinkt that I haven't change the DNS, it been awhile ago when I did this, it is possible..
I can notce that when i boot Mocha it want to start the Wii U, but it starts Mocha
Your very confused. You shouldn't install anything you don't understand. 5.5.2 broke the browserhax but an exploit for browserhax came out shortly afterwards with low success rate. But it still worked. I don't know how you ran the homebrew launcher channel before if you were just using browserhax. We're you using mocha? You should read the noob guide completely. Once you understand what you've done with your Wii U you should be able to fix it.

Tread carefully, if you installed CBHC and you don't remove it correctly or if you format your system your bricked

Sjeele

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I was in a rush, so i installed things i don't understand. Your right about that.
I installed the Homebrew Channel, just for the use of Emulators and Roms. Not for hacking..

I will read the guide and will come back when i have questions..
Thanks for the reply

Update:
I installed a CBHC indeed when I installed the Home Brew channel. I just need to update it with a recent version. I can now play games again and see the System Menu..
I will setup the NL DNS (I live in Europe) so i don't get un-expected updates anymore :)

Thanks for the info :)

Last edited by Sjeele,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://wccftech-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/wccftech.com/amd-800-series-am5-motherboards-launch-r...