Hacking Wii U Piracy Discussion

Marlon Venancio

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I avoid piracy and have many original games, but sincerely, Nintendo games in my country costs almost twice the value of other console games.

I had a 3DS a few years ago, but games were so expensive that I gave up and sold it. I recently bought another one with CFW and now I feel like I never had a 3DS before.

It's not like I want to pirate, but I know how much I'm willing to expent on retail games, and Nintendo games far exceeds it (at least in my country, of course).

oumoumad

Trophies
XP
Country
France
As someone who used to live in a country where nintendo games are so rare.
Someone gave me a nintendo ds back then as a gift, I never played a DS game on it ^^', cause I couldn't find them, I actually found some few once in a store and they cost 1/3 of a salary.
So yeah I had a ds in years and the only game I played on it was a GBA pokemon game.
Then R4 appeared years later, we can have games in an sd card now! all excited and all, but then you have all these games and you don't know which one you'll spend time playing on ^^', so you end up not enjoying anyone of them... I guess this is the price of getting games for free :S.

So there's always pros and cons :S..
Now I live in France, I can find games anywhere, used ones are relatively cheap, when I'm working and make money, I don't hesitate to buy the game I want even if it's available with free means. However the thing I hate most is cheating, this ruins gaming for other people, in Wii U scene if online is enabled in backup loaders, there will be a wider door for cheating (inevitable), I like how it is in PC gaming, you can download/crack any game you want, but you can only play on the online servers if you bought the game.

Dvdxploitr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Since we are discussing pirating games.....here are the games I will be pirating :)
Mario Kart 8
Captain Toad Treasure Tracker
Bayonetta/Bayonetta 2
Devil's Third (yea, that one too!)
Super Smash U
Splatoon
Zelda Wind Waker HD
Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze
Resident Evil Revelations..

I think that will keep me busy for awhile (I own Mario Maker, Super Mario 3D World and Super Mario Bros U & Luigi U, that's why I didn't mention those)

Baphomet

Homebrew Justice Warrior™
Trophies
XP
Country
Jamaica
Since we are discussing pirating games.....here are the games I will be pirating :)
Bayonetta/Bayonetta 2

Seeing this makes me sad as they are incredible games that sold poorly (people can dress it up as being bad marketing or other factors all day long) and a big factor in me purchasing a Wii U. I genuinely worry this type of game won't get made in the future and it's a loss for gaming in general imo.

On the discussion of piracy, I tend to avoid it in general as it devalues your own experience when playing. If you have a situation where you have a bunch of games on tap, you'll tend to maybe not give them the time of day if they don't immediately give you entertainment. I'm more understanding when it comes to people doing it for something they already own, if you owned a game like Super Mario Kart on the SNES and then bought the Wii VC version... only to have to get the Wii U version. Can slightly understand with HD re-releases too, although some of those can be really well done.

Never understood why a company like Nintendo isn't more generous with their back-catalogue. Allowing users to access to a 'Nintendo Library' of free games from their Snes/Nes era where users of their consoles could check out two a month or something for free would really shake things up a little and cut out one of the main reasons some of us try to break their consoles security in the first place.

Dvdxploitr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Seeing this makes me sad as they are incredible games that sold poorly (people can dress it up as being bad marketing or other factors all day long) and a big factor in me purchasing a Wii U. I genuinely worry this type of game won't get made in the future and it's a loss for gaming in general imo.

On the discussion of piracy, I tend to avoid it in general as it devalues your own experience when playing. If you have a situation where you have a bunch of games on tap, you'll tend to maybe not give them the time of day if they don't immediately give you entertainment. I'm more understanding when it comes to people doing it for something they already own, if you owned a game like Super Mario Kart on the SNES and then bought the Wii VC version... only to have to get the Wii U version. Can slightly understand with HD re-releases too, although some of those can be really well done.

Never understood why a company like Nintendo isn't more generous with their back-catalogue. Allowing users to access to a 'Nintendo Library' of free games from their Snes/Nes era where users of their consoles could check out two a month or something for free would really shake things up a little and cut out one of the main reasons some of us try to break their consoles security in the first place.

I got my Wii U when I had a bit more money....so I cannot afford to buy games that I would like to buy. Also, there has been a number of times that piracy has helped me make a decision on what games to buy. I pirated Mario Galaxy on the Wii and bought it shortly after. I did the same thing with Destiny on PS3 (except I bought the PS4 version). Piracy has also gotten me into some of the Call of Duty games. So, to me, piracy isn't always a bad thing....it's helped me make decisions on what games to purchase. Sure, there have been games I pirated that I did not buy but at the same time, they were games I didn't like and didn't even keep the pirated copy. Some people may see games at "just $60" but that's not always easily accessible to everyone that owns a game console. Things come up that are more important....such as car repairs or loss of job, etc....

Dvdxploitr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yet, $60 is CHEAP compared to other countries....Australia's games are around $120AUD which is around $91 USD....Games in Canada are around $70-$80...so, they aren't cheap at all

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
well games here are 65-70 euros and our minimum wage is 530 euros so yeah its abit to much, thats why i dont buy new games i always get them used on ebay or amazon for half the price afew months after.

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

Baphomet

Homebrew Justice Warrior™
Trophies
XP
Country
Jamaica
I got my Wii U when I had a bit more money....so I cannot afford to buy games that I would like to buy. Also, there has been a number of times that piracy has helped me make a decision on what games to buy. I pirated Mario Galaxy on the Wii and bought it shortly after. I did the same thing with Destiny on PS3 (except I bought the PS4 version). Piracy has also gotten me into some of the Call of Duty games. So, to me, piracy isn't always a bad thing....it's helped me make decisions on what games to purchase. Sure, there have been games I pirated that I did not buy but at the same time, they were games I didn't like and didn't even keep the pirated copy. Some people may see games at "just $60" but that's not always easily accessible to everyone that owns a game console. Things come up that are more important....such as car repairs or loss of job, etc....

Wasn't really passing judgement on you and your decision in all honesty. It's just I really like the Bayonetta games and was gently nudging. I agree the price of games can be steep and I don't like it when people say, "it's only ...." either and if you are a Wii U owner, the discounts the games get are far less frequent and the trade-in prices for games is far less generous, it's not an easy console to own if you have a budget.

I don't doubt that some people who pirate go on to eventually own the product either, which implies other factors like the consumer not trusting reviews and the people who made the game, that's another discussion entirely though.

I do wonder how many games people need. When I was younger I pretty much survived on three or four carts a console generation, with the occasional trade at school and now that I'm older it's grown to maybe five or six a year. When I read this thread it's kinda crazy to me how many games people appear to need. If you are that type of gamer it's always worth dropping down a generation, the PS3 always seems to have dirt-cheap sales on it's digital store for some fantastic stuff. It's still a great machine.

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

Dvdxploitr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wasn't really passing judgement on you and your decision in all honesty. It's just I really like the Bayonetta games and was gently nudging. I agree the price of games can be steep and I don't like it when people say, "it's only ...." either and if you are a Wii U owner, the discounts the games get are far less frequent and the trade-in prices for games is far less generous, it's not an easy console to own if you have a budget.

I don't doubt that some people who pirate go on to eventually own the product either, which implies other factors like the consumer not trusting reviews and the people who made the game, that's another discussion entirely though.

I do wonder how many games people need. When I was younger I pretty much survived on three or four carts a console generation, with the occasional trade at school and now that I'm older it's grown to maybe five or six a year. When I read this thread it's kinda crazy to me how many games people appear to need. If you are that type of gamer it's always worth dropping down a generation, the PS3 always seems to have dirt-cheap sales on it's digital store for some fantastic stuff. It's still a great machine.

I grew up in the days of Blockbuster and Hollywood Video, so I had the opportunity to rent games over the weekend, so I have gotten accustomed to being able to 'try out" games before making the decision to buy them. That's what I mainly use piracy for, as a way to try out games. Since there are no more Blockbusters or Hollywood Video stores around, I just download the games instead. Yes, I know there are places like GameFly that rent out games, but piracy is much quicker (provided the system gets hacked) to download the game, try it out and decide if you want it or not. The list I made was just a list of games I wanted to give a shot before making the purchase. I know they have/had a demo for Bayonetta, but honestly, the demos aren't much of the game to see if you're going to like it. You could like the demo and buy the game and after a couple levels get burned out b/c the game turns out to be too repetitive and you wind up not liking or thinking to yourself "Man, I don't think this game is worth the price after all....had fun with the 10 minute demo but after 2 hours of the same thing over and over, its just not fun". I played thru Bayonetta on the Xbox 360 (with a legit bought copy, even though I have a RGH Xbox 360) and honestly, I didn't like it all that much...I found it hard to play all the way through....I wanted to stop playing it several times....and sometimes, I would take a 2 or 3 day break from it....

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I grew up in the days of Blockbuster and Hollywood Video, so I had the opportunity to rent games over the weekend, so I have gotten accustomed to being able to 'try out" games before making the decision to buy them. That's what I mainly use piracy for, as a way to try out games. Since there are no more Blockbusters or Hollywood Video stores around, I just download the games instead. Yes, I know there are places like GameFly that rent out games, but piracy is much quicker (provided the system gets hacked) to download the game, try it out and decide if you want it or not. The list I made was just a list of games I wanted to give a shot before making the purchase. I know they have/had a demo for Bayonetta, but honestly, the demos aren't much of the game to see if you're going to like it. You could like the demo and buy the game and after a couple levels get burned out b/c the game turns out to be too repetitive and you wind up not liking or thinking to yourself "Man, I don't think this game is worth the price after all....had fun with the 10 minute demo but after 2 hours of the same thing over and over, its just not fun". I played thru Bayonetta on the Xbox 360 (with a legit bought copy, even though I have a RGH Xbox 360) and honestly, I didn't like it all that much...I found it hard to play all the way through....I wanted to stop playing it several times....and sometimes, I would take a 2 or 3 day break from it....
Do you not have a Family Video in your area?

Captain_N

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I like to buy game as i am a collector, but i wont buy broken betaware games. Thats where i use the good places on the web to get it. I then buy the used copy 6 years later if i want it in my collection. I also pirate games that are not released in my area. I made some reproduction carts for some snes games to i can have them in the collection.

Viri

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would pirate all the wii u games! I have a 3DS with CFW, and the only thing I bought for it was an SD card. I give no fucks about piracy morals, and no moral fag can change it!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: Also this song https://youtu.be/27RWx9Q6LcQ?si=c7C8YuRoIPHadiQ0