Hacking Wii U Hacking & Homebrew Discussion

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Nor have I, even my Gamecube from 2001 still works, well, mostly, laser is just now starting to go out and it gets disc read errors :P That being said, I can't help but be somewhat wary for a used Wii U and hope that it would last for a few years at least.

Had a DS lite for six years, never had a hinge break on me lol. I still get wary around secondhand electronics, I'm not entirely sure why. I hope that if/when I get a used Wii U, that it lasts for two-three years.

My wiiU is a day one package. I use it almost every days in wii and wiiU games. I guess their longevity is thrustable. Never a nintendo console broke on my hands :) (apart dslite cheap crap... whatever :P)

B*tches, please, I still have a fully functional NES in my closet. :P
Never understimate Nintendo product's longevity, they are made to last for decades.

I remember I once read some news about a hiker that reached the top of the Everest.
He had all sorts of electronic equipment with him and they all failed... except one.
A Nintendo DS!

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
B*tches, please, I still have a fully functional NES in my closet. :P
Never understimate Nintendo product's longevity, they are made to last for decades.

I remember I once read some news about a hiker that reached the top of the Everest.
He had all sorts of electronic equipment with him and they all failed... except one.
A Nintendo DS!
Meh, I have nes, snes, n64, ngc, gameboy, wii from 2006, wiiu from 2012 dsi and 3ds. Everyhting is perfect. The only one that didn't last was a dslite. Broken shoulders and buttons shutting down the consloe :D

Skeet1983

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a question regarding the upcoming external HDD decrypt/encrypt and the Kernel exploit: Would we need to have Wii U internet connection to utilize them? My Modem/Router is unable to block certain IPs. Thoughts on this appreciated :)

NWPlayer123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a question regarding the upcoming external HDD decrypt/encrypt and the Kernel exploit: Would we need to have Wii U internet connection to utilize them? My Modem/Router is unable to block certain IPs. Thoughts on this appreciated :)

Technically yes, realistically no. If you don't want to have it start an update nag, you can also use the kernel exploit by turning your computer into a hotspot, not allowing access to the internet, and then using XAMPP to connect to the files locally.

Reactions: TeamScriptKiddies

Skeet1983

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Technically yes, realistically no. If you don't want to have it start an update nag, you can also use the kernel exploit by turning your computer into a hotspot, not allowing access to the internet, and then using XAMPP to connect to the files locally.

How would I go about setting all that up? I have never made computer into hotspot nor any experience with XAMPP...

NWPlayer123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How would I go about setting all that up? I have never made computer into hotspot nor any experience with XAMPP...

I turn on mHotspot, make sure the internet source is turned to "off", boot up the XAMPP control panel, start up Apache, connect my Wii U to the hotspot, then use the computer's IP address (command prompt > ipconfig -all) to connect, then go to the correct file.
It's kinda explained here http://gbatemp.net/threads/using-the-wii-u-rpc-client.369732/ only the RPC client doesn't work with a hotspot, and I'm not sure what IP it would need.

poiu17

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Will the kernel exploit allow a Region Free Wii U?

I'm asking because I have a PAL Wii U in a territory that only sells NTSC games... So it's hard to find (and very expensive to buy) a PAL game here... :/

Thanks! :)

NWPlayer123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Will the kernel exploit allow a Region Free Wii U?

I'm asking because I have a PAL Wii U in a territory that only sells NTSC games... So it's hard to find (and very expensive to buy) a PAL game here... :/

Thanks! :)

Not as far as I know, it doesn't allow access to switching games/programs, that's all IOSU level stuff.

Reactions: poiu17

Skeet1983

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I turn on mHotspot, make sure the internet source is turned to "off", boot up the XAMPP control panel, start up Apache, connect my Wii U to the hotspot, then use the computer's IP address (command prompt > ipconfig -all) to connect, then go to the correct file.
It's kinda explained here http://gbatemp.net/threads/using-the-wii-u-rpc-client.369732/ only the RPC client doesn't work with a hotspot, and I'm not sure what IP it would need.

I am lost... How would I do this without RPC?

Skeet1983

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Can you walk me through this? Help is greatly appreciated :)
Also: The "correct file" you mentioned, is that on the Wii U, or my computer?

Onion_Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
I haven't been using the exploit because I can'y find a way to block the updates on my router (thanks At&t Uverse) and you need internet connection to use the exploit (plus I think I'm on 5.3.2 because I was forced to update and said "eh, screw it"). I would like to know anyways for when the exploit is remade/ported, does using the build.sh file somehow host the exploit on to my computer and I access it by entering my IPv4 address on the Wii U, or does it leave me with an HTML file that I have to host somewhere myself?

You don't need internet access. Since you develop in Python, just use the SimpleHttpServer that is contained in python and launch it from the directory that your exploit html is. The default index used will display all the files in the directory its launched from. Open your rpc listener and click the exploit with your gamepad browser and bam your in. No internet access required.

Bug_Checker_

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have have 6 wii U's that I've purchased from ebay and have no issues yet. 4 of them, I reballed the GPU since I got them so cheap cause they be blinking blue at me.

How did you know it was the gpu/latte and not the cpu/espresso?
Did you fully reball or just reflow?
If you reballed what did you do for stencils?
And every blue light was fixed by reballing/reflowing the gpu?

Onion_Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
How did you know it was the gpu/latte and not the cpu/espresso?
Did you fully reball or just reflow?
If you reballed what did you do for stencils?
And every blue light was fixed by reballing/reflowing the gpu?

Correction, I reflowed the GPU on all 4, I haven't seen any stencils for the Wii U or I would reball them. I also had to reflow the CPU on 1, Replaced wireless modules on 2, also one had a blown capacitor. Finally, yes, it cleared the blinking blue light on them all. Also I've seen the power board on the Gamepad fail an awful lot. You can tell its the power board because, hitting the TV button will turn the gamepad on but the power button doesn't work. Also Syncing the wireless doesn't work. ( used three wireless modules and only figured out this issue by swapping boards out. I buy broken ebay shit and fix it is as a hobby. I usually end up sending stuff to my nephews since my sister is dirt poor and doesn't have a lot of money for them.

I do have one Wii U that I bought that boots up and hangs on a screen. I'm not sure if it got bricked during the 1st big push update that came out when these were first purchased. But if anyone ever wants to try some hardware mod, let me know. I have a BGA rework station.

Reactions: Bug_Checker_

Ray Lewis

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Correction, I reflowed the GPU on all 4, I haven't seen any stencils for the Wii U or I would reball them. I also had to reflow the CPU on 1, Replaced wireless modules on 2, also one had a blown capacitor. Finally, yes, it cleared the blinking blue light on them all. Also I've seen the power board on the Gamepad fail an awful lot. You can tell its the power board because, hitting the TV button will turn the gamepad on but the power button doesn't work. Also Syncing the wireless doesn't work. ( used three wireless modules and only figured out this issue by swapping boards out. I buy broken ebay shit and fix it is as a hobby. I usually end up sending stuff to my nephews since my sister is dirt poor and doesn't have a lot of money for them.

I do have one Wii U that I bought that boots up and hangs on a screen. I'm not sure if it got bricked during the 1st big push update that came out when these were first purchased. But if anyone ever wants to try some hardware mod, let me know. I have a BGA rework station.
My gamepad says it cannot connect to the Wii U. If I unplug the Wii U and try again it works. For a few tries the power button on the Wii U would turn the gamepad on. I tried a pro controller but the Wii U started with no video output. It is so odd. Any ideas? My friend has a deluxe model that was saying the same thing on the gamepad; "Cannot connect to the Wii U." It began after one of the 5.x updates.

Ray Lewis

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

You might be the one to ask since deadlyfoez is quiet. Can you read the emmc? Can you write it back to the Wii U? Would you consider trying to play and see if downgrading is a possibility? Read a version, update, then try to revert using your first read? This could be a huge contribution and a safety net to people like me. I am already on 5.3.2 but blocked my Wii U mac address. I'm probably screwed already.

Unless people publish a way to allow me to downgrade. If downgrading is possible and "signing" a firmware to work is possible (for example, the Xbox 360).

Skeet1983

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I tried what you said: I setup hotspot, started XAMPP and Apache, connected Wii U to hotspot, and then tried computer IP address in Wii U Web Browser. It gave error 112-1007. I am not sure what I am doing wrong...

Ray Lewis

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
marionumber1, nwplayer..the common key can be used to decrypt the emmc/nand? Can the kernel exploit be used to get to the iosu to look for that exploit? I figure you guys, 100%, won't release one even if you found it. I'd laugh if Comex' iosu exploit was not patched. Unless they were tipped off, what are the odds Nintendo patched it? Anyway, maybe the nand info could help.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I want money too I should upload Ai videos of Psi getting laid +1