1. warleyboy

OP warleyboy Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Hi All, not done any hacking since the Wii, and ready to try the Haxchi for my lads wii u.
    I'm sure I'll have lots of questions, as it looks a little complicated for a divvy like me.

I've read that if We play USA roms, they can brick my lads PAL WII U, do we have to find pal roms

Thanks all
    Wayne

2. Jhynjhiruu

Jhynjhiruu GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Installing/playing USA games can't brick your Wii U - or, at least, it hasn't bricked mine. Anyhow, use Wii U USB Helper to download games.

warleyboy likes this.
  3. fluffykiwi

fluffykiwi GBAtemp Fan

If you have a PAL system then PAL roms should be best for you. You cannot go wrong using the same region roms as your console.

However Haxchi, with custom firmware, probably has a region free hack to allow any region's games to be installed. Unless you mess about with additional hacks and do not follow a good tutorial, you are unlikely to brick.

The wrong region would only result in a black screen when you launch that game.

I'd also recommend Wii U USB Helper to download the EUR roms easily. Cannot see a reason to download any other region myself.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2017
    warleyboy likes this.
  4. AmandaRose

AmandaRose Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan

United Kingdom
    Here we go again with that terrible myth that people kept spouting years ago no as has been stated already out of region games will not brick your wiiu and will run perfectly fine using haxchi. Even installing a out of region game without haxchi/mocha would not brick the wiiu you would just get a message when you try to load the game that the game is not for your region and then you would be asked to delete it.

gutoblauth and cucholix like this.
  5. warleyboy

Newcomer

Thanks all, appreciate the info.
    I've been struggling to find roms, and the ones I've managed to find are USA.
    Will spend some more time investigating now I'm aware.
    Thanks again

6. fluffykiwi

fluffykiwi GBAtemp Fan

The following link is pretty much all you need to download most games, you just need to google a couple of things to get it working, i.e. That WiiU title key site.

http://gbatemp.net/threads/release-wii-u-usb-helper-a-small-eshop-for-windows.446565/

7. warleyboy

Newcomer

Your a top man fluffy kiwi, very much appreciated bud

Draft saved Draft deleted