Hacking Wii U Bricked by System Config Tools

Gaboliux

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A few years ago I installed System Config Tools on the NAND and started to mess with it and my Wii U Bricked. (I think I modified the boot stage).

The console after booting up, sends me to Wii U to Wii U data transfer. It prepares the transfer and shows a error of the console not being connected to Internet and tries to send me to settings, but goes to transfer again and this loops.

When I first had this loop, the Wii U showed a different error about the console needed to update. (My Wii U has the version 5.5.1 and at the moment the newest one was the 5.5.2) I moved some years ago, so I don't have the same router and the Wii U isn't connected anymore.

My console details:
-32GB Wii U
-Version 5.5.1U
-Has Haxchi (Not CBHC) installed

And about the solutions, I have thought about the following ones:

-Create an Access Point with the same SSID that the console had and modify the DNS in the router settings in order to make think the console that is updated and proceed with the transfer.
(I like this one the most but I'm not sure if the Wii U would connect automatically to the artificial access point by the only fact that is called the same. Now about the DNS, I'm not sure if there exist some DNS that I can input in my router in order to make a spoof and finally, I don't have another Wii U to make the transfer, but I can try if the problems from above can be solved).

-Try to boot anything else before the console sends me to transfer.
(I tried putting a Wii U disc and nothing, the same with a Wii disc. I heard that you can boot directly to vWii pressing B in a Wii Remote while the console is booting, I don't know if my timing is bad but I couldn't manage the console to boot into vWii)

And that's all that I have thought about solving this issue. Now you'll be wondering about why tf this guy didn't make a NAND backup, well, I lost the SD card where the backup was and the PC with the backup broke, so I think I can't fix it by soldering.

And that's it regarding this problem. Honestly I read a lot and I haven't seen people having the same issue.

I really hope that you guys can help me with this. I provided all the information I could and feel free to ask If you need to know more about the problem. Thanks a lot

Reactions: Shadow#1

Dungeonseeker

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm not 100% sure you fully understand what DNS is or does. DNS is a service used by online devices to lookup IP addresses from domain names.

When you type google.com into your browser the first thing it does is ask your ISPs DNS server to convert the domain into an IP and provide a route.

It does not and can not send files or trick anything into thinking it has received files.

If you created an SSID with the Ex4cT s4Me P455w0Rd and using the same encryption protocol then yes, the Wii U would connect to it (assuming you didn't break its ability to connect at all) but this wouldn't achieve anything useful. In its soft bricked state the system likely wouldn't try to update at all and even if it did, you wouldn't want it to. Chances are trying to update a system with a borked FS would only make it worse.

I'm jot familiar enough with the Wii U FS to know if the second idea is good or even possible but if I had to guess I'd say its also not going to achieve much, even if you force the WiiU into a game, then what? As soon as you quit the console tries to run the system OS and goes right back into bootloop mode.

Iirc once you boot into Vwii mode the WiiU side of things is pretty much locked off so that's not gonna help either.

The only way out I see is if you can somehow get FTPiiU running so you can manually fix the FS and I don't think you can do that from a cold boot with no exploit plus messing around with the FS by hand is dangerous and usually results in a full brick unless you know exactly what you're doing.

Reactions: Gaboliux

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse