Hacking Wii systemmenu hacks

linkinworm

Trophies
XP
Country
CambridgeGuy said:
linkinworm said:
EDIT, why does it say B+2 not 1?

to trick anyone who skipped the warning message and just read the last line. if you read the warning message, you will see that it says press 1, not 2.
oo i read that, but i didnt know what it was going on about, cos its like 2,30 am and im tired, ok one last question sorry befor i sleep whats the last option "remove rescue-menu...."

thanks for all your help aswell :
biggrin.gif

CambridgeGuy

Trophies
XP
Country
linkinworm said:
ok one last question sorry befor i sleep whats the last option "remove rescue-menu...."

thanks for all your help aswell :
biggrin.gif

normally, the rescue menu will only boot a nintendo recovery disc. you can use this last option to disable this restriction, and allow the rescue menu to boot any wii disc.

linkinworm

Trophies
XP
Country
something strange my GC freeloader works again, but when i load it the wii just resets the drive 2 times, then loads the menu again? i dont really care for the freeloader, its just kinda wierd it does that

EDIT and why does Fzero GX always crash just after the mode sellect the music is still there, but no video, this doesnt usualy happen with the game. something to do with the region free?

turtleman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
CambridgeGuy said:
ok here are some weird results that i got from using this hack. take a look at my system menu!
EDIT: i must add that this was only temporary! it only happened once, and i cannot seem to reproduce it. do not let these pics scare you. this hack seems to be very safe and reliable.
DSCF0566.JPG

DSCF0567.JPG

DSCF0568.JPG
Why is it orange like that?

alex

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
turtleman said:
CambridgeGuy said:
ok here are some weird results that i got from using this hack. take a look at my system menu!
EDIT: i must add that this was only temporary! it only happened once, and i cannot seem to reproduce it. do not let these pics scare you. this hack seems to be very safe and reliable.
DSCF0566.JPG

DSCF0567.JPG

DSCF0568.JPG
It's soda!

Edit: 400th post! Yay!

Knocks

Trophies
XP
Country
Everyone: stop asking if it's safe.

Yes, it's safe. No, it's not perfect. If you try it and don''t like it, just use the downgrader to go back to whatever version you want.

The end.

turtleman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lostsoul5673 said:
turtleman said:
CambridgeGuy said:
DSCF0566.JPG

DSCF0567.JPG

DSCF0568.JPG
It's soda!

Edit: 400th post! Yay!
lol, Myth Busters?

Jacobeian

Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
turtleman said:
CambridgeGuy said:
DSCF0566.JPG

DSCF0567.JPG

DSCF0568.JPG

I got the same thing with an app on the gamecube that crashed due to an exception, it rebooted to SDLOAD but some color get messed (yellow instead white for example)
I guess this happen when the RAM is corrupted

Jockel

This is where you're wrong, kiddo
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
There is no way of installing single features from this, right?
I just want the region free channels.
But i dont want the removed health screen, no BGM, or buggy region free for discs that already works fine.

jan777

motion control..? srsly? so 2008. 3DS is teh bombz
Trophies
XP
Country
actually it lets you install only what you want

so anyone actually tried changing region to PAL then downgrade (from ntsc machine) use the hack and return to the original firmware?

teq

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Jockel said:
There is no way of installing single features from this, right?
I just want the region free channels.
But i dont want the removed health screen, no BGM, or buggy region free for discs that already works fine.

Um...... maybe you should try it before assuming how it works.

There's an interface that allows you to select which features to enable....

QUOTEactually it lets you install only what you want

so anyone actually tried changing region to PAL then downgrade (from ntsc machine) use the hack and return to the original firmware?

I had 3.2U, downgraded to 3.2E, and was able to load it.

Afterward, I did a downgrade to 3.2U and it had no problems. Also, note that the downgrader will appear to be frozen if the wiimote turns off.

However, Marcan's system menu loader is still better than this, as it supports any region and any IOS.

Jacobeian

Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
http://forum.wiibrew.org/list.php?8

I guess they've all started to seriously understand how the system menu works, that's why they are releasing these hacks
I think this is a more a tool for hacker to experiment new system menu "patches" in a more convenient and safer way

not really for us end-user atm, but I bet we are going to see more soon ;-)

Joewolf2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
silly question, as I havn't seen it answered anywhere.

If I install the region free part of this hack on my modded Pal Wii. Does that mean I will be able to play my Trauma Centre New Blood I got in the states?

CambridgeGuy

Trophies
XP
Country
sanoblue said:
is this hack safe for a usa wii?
i think i've answered this several times already, but here goes again anyway.

yes, you can use this on a usa wii. first "downgrade" to 3.2E using waninkoko's downgrader, then use his region changer to change to europe. then install this hack.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: it allows utilisation of the SD card for ROM storage