Wii System Update required?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Digital1980, Mar 24, 2009.

Mar 24, 2009
  1. Digital1980
    OP

Member Digital1980 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    My Wii has been softmodded. After installing the homebrew and backup channels the original Mario Kart disc worked fine.

I went ahead and downgraded my Wii to 3.2u a few days ago and now when I insert the Mario Kart disc I get the message "Wii System Update Required"

Is this OK to do it will it render my softmods useless?

2. Hells Guardian

Member Hells Guardian GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    don't update. use starfall to block disk update checks.

3. Digital1980
    OP

United States
    Will preloader v0.28 do the same thing? I have not installed that or starfall yet. Is it safe to install them both?

4. pebls123

Member pebls123 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    yes preloader can do it too(Its much better) just put that hack(google it or use search) in your hacks.ini file
    and NO you cant install both of them(or atleast it would be pointless but i still think u cant)

5. Riley

Member Riley GBAtemp Maniac

Canada
    You could just use the hacks.ini creator, it has that option.

6. steam

Newcomer steam Advanced Member

United States
    if u do a 'wiibrickblocker' on all your iso's before burning, doesn't that prevent all disks from inquiring if u wanna upgrade?

7. Hells Guardian

Member Hells Guardian GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    and so does the hack...... The hack is much easier to do.

8. Digital1980
    OP

United States
    This was an orginal copy but I'm wandering the same thing myself.

9. thevilman

Newcomer thevilman Member

Brazil
    I've just done the same thing you did, downgraded my wii to 3.2 and all of a sudden mario kart wii start asking for system update. Instead of prealoder I would recommend you do starfall.
    It's pretty simple, and reliable. I've loved it, the wii menu is not changed, it skips updates on wii discs, gives you access to the recovery mode, allow you to play foreign games. it's just great, safe and quick
    =D

10. ether2802

Former Staff ether2802 we have the techno...!!

Mexico
    READ..!! [​IMG]

and the hacks.ini creator only creates the file "hacks.ini" so you still needed to install preloader, it is just that the tool lets you choose wich hacks do you want to put in the .ini file, wich region do you have and wich version of preloader is installed, still the only ones you need is the "no copy" ones, "skip update" "recovery menu" and all you want just not the region free for Wii or GC disc cause they don't even work..!! [​IMG]

11. Sir VG

Member Sir VG GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    You can use this program called Wii Update Manager to check your ISOs to see if they include a 3.3 or 3.4 update. If it's anything less, it's safe to update. Some games have specific updates just for that game that don't break anything.

Or you can use the program to install a 3.2 update file or just flat out remove the update all together before you burn it.

12. ether2802

Former Staff ether2802 we have the techno...!!

Mexico
    if you have CIOScorp installed it is not good to update even if it is the 3.1 update, cause it will kill any cIOS you had installed, so the best thing is still:

USE PRELOADER TO BLOCK UPDATES

cause the game is an original retail, boughted in a store for around $50 bucks, not a downloaded from a torrent or all the other shitty places that chop the iso in 100 parts so you stay like 2 weeks trying to get it, but in the end you find out is the other region, or definetly it doesn't work at all, or is a bad dump [​IMG]

seriously people, downgrade to 3.2 and install preloader, if you are smart, if not then BBlock and/or use anything you like...!! [​IMG]