Gaming Wii system memory

SolidMetal

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, this is my problem, after downloading some beatles dlc i moved them to the sd card and wiped them from the system memory, because when i download them they go straight there and not to the card? well now it's telling me that my system memory is full and won't let me do anything but go to the system memory screen to remove and make free blocks.

i have deleted alot of saved game data and i have noticed that two boxes are showing up with nothing there?
could it be that these boxes are hiding stuff? because i have added up the remaining blocks and i should have alot of free memory but i don't.

how can i free up this system memory without losing everything?.

please help.

p.s. i was thinking about doing a memory format, but i don't want to get rid of all the homebrew i have on there, and it's been so long since i did the twighlight hack and softmodded the wii that i won't even know where to begin again.

ungenesis

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm no expert on the subject, but if I understand this right - the download content, due to some flaw, gets downloaded to your NAND memory instead of the sd card/hd/whatever, continually building up until it fills your system, and there is no way to remove it (that I know of). Your best bet would probably be to wipe and start over. There is a Wii soft-modding guide here in the forums that gives you all the files you need and very clear, simple instructions (I don't have a link, so try a search). This will also give you the benefit of upgrading to system version 4.2 and having the latest hacks (my USB loader runs MUCH better now than it ever did with the old modding programs). Hope this helps!

SolidMetal

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i was afraid of having to start from fresh, it's been so long since i did the hack that i'm afraid one false move and i might brick the wii, my wife won't be too happy with that, the wii's my daughters lol

boof222

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
the same thing happened to me but i just kept playin around with the DLC and found a kinda working way to play it
delete all your DLC
redownload it to SD (it will download to both SD and NAND because of USBloader)
delete it from wii memory
only play a max of 2 songs
afer playing some games will tell the memory is full and others will let you find out from the wii menu
delete the DLC from NAND everytime you play DLC songs
but as for the random two empty boxes i dont know what it could be you could get any title deleter and asked someone more experienced with that for help

SolidMetal

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok i uninstalled a wad file i downloaded for dlc beatles songs and now i have alot of free blocks, so i guess i'm just going to buy my songs using my points cards from now on. must be a bug in the wad file or something, i was going to buy the songs anyway, but i just had to play a day in the life.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Werid went to put my ps5 ssd into my pcs m.2 bay and no detection