Hardware Wii stopped reading SD Cards... Help?

RPG Hacker

OP
Trophies
Website
rpg-hacker.de
XP
Country
Gambia, The
OK. I hope anyone can help me with my problem. My Wii recently stopped reading SD cards. But since there are so many soft mods on it and I can't really remove them without my SD card either, I don't really feel like sending my Wii to Nintendo. So this is how everything started:

Well I can't really say much about it. I was watching a movie with MPlayer CE. After that I returned to the Homebrew Channel. Everything worked fine! I didn't find an application I wanted to start. So I took my SD card out, put the applications on my SD card and put it back into my Wii. That was when it started. Since then my Wii didn't recognise any SD cards anymore. No matter if I tried to read them in my Homebrew Channel or in the Wii system. It always said "now SD card inserted". I tried multiple SD cards, that worked on my PC perfectly. None of them were recognised on my Wii. I completely turned of the Wii, pulled out all plugs, blew into the SD card slot (I thought maybe it was just too dusty) and turned it on again. It still didn't work. So has anyone an idea what caused this or if I can fix this without sending my Wii to Nintendo? The only thing I could imagine that could have caused it is my SD card. It was a really cheap card. Probably a bit of the plastic broke and got stuck in the SD card slot. But I really don't know... Hope anyone can help me.

RPG Hacker

OP
Trophies
Website
rpg-hacker.de
XP
Country
Gambia, The
OK. Sorry for double posting. But it doesn't seem like anyone can help me with this soon. So I have another question then.

I found a thread.

noobwarrior7 said:
if you already have some method to load burnt discs (chip, launcher, cioscorp)....

you could make a wad manager ISO, and use it to install a loadmii or similar loader channel from USB (the actual channel wad being on the USB), and then if it is a loader that uses usb there you go....but obviously having a broken drive is lame.....next time you should post in hardware too.

My Wii is soft modded so that I can start burned discs from the disc channel. So can anyone explain me exactly how I do this? Then SD cards are not that important for me anymore. Thanks in advance!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.