Wii Speak

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by cdreams, Jan 30, 2009.

Jan 30, 2009

Wii Speak by cdreams at 6:49 PM (778 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. cdreams
    OP

Member cdreams GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United Kingdom
    Hi guys, been a while since I was on.

I just got my copy of Wii Speak in the post, had to import the USA version as I have a USA Wii and found out that using the UK code didn't work on the USA channel. Anyhoo, after deleting any Wii Speak traces, I went to the shop channel and input the download ticket number and tried to install. All it is giving me is an error 204036.

I checked Ninty's site and it says it possibly a prob with the shop channel being offline or something or a possible router issue with the channel it is set to. So I tried the shop again today and still no luck, also set my router channel to 11 and no luck just the same error. So I am totally clueless as to whats the issue.

I checked using AnyTitleDeleter and I don't think I have 51 installed, which maybe I need to add. So can someone tell me if they know what is teh issue and how or what I can do to try resolve this.

I have the latest Homebrew channel installed, on 3.2U, starfall installed although I have tried uninstalling it in case that was the issue. Any help is appreciated.

Update: Just checked and I do have IOS51 and IOS36 installed.

2. mcj

Member mcj GBAtemp Fan

United States
  3. cdreams
    OP

United Kingdom
    Ok so I am going to use Tona's shop channel wad fix, will that fix my problem?

I have WiiConnect24 on too. I have legit download ticket

Update 2: Ok so I re-installed the shop channel fix and on my system I have IOS55 and IOS 51, however I don't see IOS38, so I am assuming I need that IOS to make the channel work properly? Can someone confirm if that is correct and point me in the right direction.

4. cdreams
    OP

United Kingdom
    Ok since nobody is really answering anything I will ask another question to try resolve this.

I tried re-installing the shop channel to no luck. I then tried installing IOS38, IOS53 and IOS55 and it's still giving me the error 204036. I tried to use AnyRegionChanger to set it to 3.2E then back to 3.2U an it is gicing me an error during installation for some reason.

I am wondering what will happen if I update my Wii to the latest official firmware. I have HBC, latest version installed at the moment, but if I do an official update will this disappear. I am thinking I could upgrade then downgrade to 3.2U again and hopefully that is my Wii back to a fresh 3.2U install.

If I am wrong can you let me know before I mess everything up.

Help appreciated, thanks.