Hacking Wii Softmod Problems

OldSchoolTech

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
Hi. It's been a while since I've posted in this section. I have a Wii that's softmodded and I can't get USB Loader GX to launch. It seems to freeze on Initialize USB Device. Should I use something else like nintendont or is that only for Gamecube games?

Reason I posted here instead of backup loaders is because I remember there was some way to get a dump of a log file and posting it so people could tell what the problem is in case it's a certain ios.

I reformatted the USB drive but in one port it counts down undetected and as soon as I switch it to the right port if looking from the back it will just freeze instantly.

I haven't used the Wii in a while so I'm probably just doing something simple wrong.

Any suggestions on why it would be freezing?

Dungeonseeker

Trophies
XP
Country
I assume your apps are stored on your SD card?

The drive should be MBR partitioned and FAT32 formatted otherwise it won't work (unless you've specifically set USBLOADERGX to use WBFS OR NTFS).

On the root of the drive create a folder called WBFS then use Wii Backup Manager to transfer your games from your computer to the drive.

The application you're looking for is called SYSCheck iirc, run it and it will dump a log to your SD card, upload the log and someone more qualified than me will check it out for you. I believe it's really important you get the very latest version of it otherwise the log might not have the correct information in it.

Reactions: OldSchoolTech

OldSchoolTech

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
I assume your apps are stored on your SD card?

The drive should be MBR partitioned and FAT32 formatted otherwise it won't work (unless you've specifically set USBLOADERGX to use WBFS OR NTFS).

On the root of the drive create a folder called WBFS then use Wii Backup Manager to transfer your games from your computer to the drive.

The application you're looking for is called SYSCheck iirc, run it and it will dump a log to your SD card, upload the log and someone more qualified than me will check it out for you. I believe it's really important you get the very latest version of it otherwise the log might not have the correct information in it.

Thanks. I'll try out FAT32 and see what happens. I have Wii Backup Manager to convert the files to WBFS. I think the drive had an NTFS partition on it so maybe that's all the problem is here. I'll still run a syscheck just to be sure everything is OK as it's been a while.

OldSchoolTech

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
Cool thanks. I'm having the same problem on both my Wii and my brothers Wii U using vWii where USB loader GX will hang on black screen after I load a game. I had this happen me last month too so I think it might be related to my USB stick whatever's happening. It's a 64gb Sandisk USB 3.0. Sometimes it's on a black screen for like 5 minutes and I just forget about it then the game just starts out of nowhere. This was on the Wii. On the Wii U I can't get past the black screen at all so far.

DaTank45

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cool thanks. I'm having the same problem on both my Wii and my brothers Wii U using vWii where USB loader GX will hang on black screen after I load a game. I had this happen me last month too so I think it might be related to my USB stick whatever's happening. It's a 64gb Sandisk USB 3.0. Sometimes it's on a black screen for like 5 minutes and I just forget about it then the game just starts out of nowhere. This was on the Wii. On the Wii U I can't get past the black screen at all so far.

Thumb drives are notorious for issues and not recommended

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-