Hacking Wii SDHC ntfs/fat32 support

dpj13

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Im trying to run isos on my wii. i have a 16gb sdhc...which the new firmware supports....games are larger than 4gbs meaning my sdhc has to be in ntfs format because fat32 has a 4gb limit. so when i put my games and all the necessary apps and programs, the wii doesn't read the sdhc. When its in fat32 it works but i cant put my iso on. HOW DO I DO THIS PLZ HELP ME

DarkLG

Wow One Shiny Ribbon!!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You format it with the USB Loader then you add games from your pc to it using one of the many guis they offer here on Gbatemp.

Kosaic

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have a 1GB USB Drive, with 9 FULL Wii games on it ... (for example) It's like Magic !

Time for you to go and do some reading .....

Sebastian25

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i created this topics weeks ago. u have to create 2 PARTITIONS on ur SDHC.

The way to do this is thru a Linux boot disc. U cannot do it thru windows. u burn the disc and in ur BIOS menu select boot priority to disc.

I think the program was called ubuntuu or something like that

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=149...p;#entry1916818

THE FIRST PARTITION SHOULD BE FAT32

THE SECOND PARTITION U CREATE BY DIVIDING THE CARD INTO 2 EQUAL SIZES (7550 MB EACH ROUGHLY)
USB LOADER WILL FORMAT THE SECOND PARTITION TO WBFS

loserkidsblink18

Trophies
Website
ryanmcnamara.tumblr.com
XP
Country
United States
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=150548
yay.gif

dpj13

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Everyone has differnt replies and im confused. can someone give me a guide that tells me exactly how to put games on my sd and run the program?

Sebastian25

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you cannot follow these steps I suggest u STOP posting on these forums. Its pretty straight forward.

What you will need to do is get yourself a copy of the Ubuntu live cd. Which can be found here:
www.ubuntu.com

Now that you have Ubuntu on CD just pop it into your CD drive and reboot your computer. (Make sure that your computer is set to boot from CD before Hard-Drive -- You may need to go into your BIOS to do this, unfortunately since each bios is different I can't explain exactly how to do it on your machine, but once in BIOS you will be looking for the boot order and you will want to set the CD/DVD drive to a higher priority then the Hard-Drive)

Once you boot from the LIVE cd, make sure your SD card is in your card reader and attached to your computer, and you should be able to login with no username and no password necessary. After it has finished loading up you will want to click on SYSTEM > ADMINISTRATION > Partition Editor. (Found along the top of your screen)

At this point it may ask you for an administrative password, which, in the case of the LIVE cd is blank and you just need to click OK.

Now in the top right corner you will want to make sure you select your SD card, use the size of the card for reference.

Next right click on the partition and select "Unmount"

Then right click again and select "Delete"

Next right click once more and select "Add"

Finally set your size for your new partition in MB. Make sure to set your filesystem to fit your needs.

FAT32 IN UR CASE.

After you've made all your changes, make sure to click the checkmark icon that says "Apply" and let it do its magic.

And thats it, you can add as many as you have room for or need. Once done, make sure to shut down and remove the CD and you will be good to go.

One thing to note however: Windows will only assign a drive letter to the first partition on the SD card, I'm not sure why as Ubuntu seems to pick up the others fine.

--- U can copy ur Apps folder in Windows as windows will only see the first partition. Boot up USBLOADER 1.4 on ur wii and it will ask u to partition... select the SECOND PARTITION. u can now store apps and homebrew on PARTITION ONE, and Wii games on PARTITION 2.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sjy9nc5QwBY