Hardware Wii SD card reader repair help

Sharkbyte

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did a case mod 6 months ago and somehow it messed up my sd card. It broke the spring in the sd card so the card never read again and wouldn't click into place. I took it apart again to work on it but ended up messing it up worse in the long run. For a while I was able to read sd cards but I wasn't able to copy data to and from it cause it said it was write protected. So the metal piece got messed up and then I followed a guide online to fix that write protection. I turned on the wii after putting the whole thing back together but then It said there was always an sd card in there. I figured it would do that but now it doesn't work at all. So I am asking if anyone has experience with fixing hardware problems with wiis or sd card readers. I need to completely desolder the sd card reader and replace it with a new one. I've done hardmods and repairs on stuff before such as PS2s, dvd players, n64, NES, stereos, and other electronics, but I've never seen something so small yet so complex like the wii that also had so many screws to take out. Can someone help me out please?

Sharkbyte

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you might one to try one of usb sd card adapters maybe they might work ..
theres such a thing as usb sd card adapters? O_O I need something to be able to copy back all the virtual console games I have back to my wii to play them. Or just be able to read sd cards to I can play (and maybe make codes) again.

snakepliskin2334

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you might one to try one of usb sd card adapters maybe they might work ..
theres such a thing as usb sd card adapters? O_O I need something to be able to copy back all the virtual console games I have back to my wii to play them. Or just be able to read sd cards to I can play (and maybe make codes) again.

here take a look at this when you get a chance man http://www.amazon.com/SanDisk-SDDR-103-MobileMate-TransFlash-Package/dp/B000652LUG

Sharkbyte

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wow. thats the first time I've seen one of those. thanks for the link. I just wish nintendo would let us use usb for alternative save data and channels usage. Also, I'm not sure if theres a way to load sd cheats in gecko os without an sd card. I wonder if theres a way for anyone to make a homebrew app to be able to move channels and save data from the wii menu to usb devices and use sd card cheats changed to usb cheats from gecko os. But thanks for your efforts and that nice link

Reactions: 1 person

snakepliskin2334

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wow. thats the first time I've seen one of those. thanks for the link. I just wish nintendo would let us use usb for alternative save data and channels usage. Also, I'm not sure if theres a way to load sd cheats in gecko os without an sd card. I wonder if theres a way for anyone to make a homebrew app to be able to move channels and save data from the wii menu to usb devices and use sd card cheats changed to usb cheats from gecko os. But thanks for your efforts and that nice link

yea i no the feeling man i wish the same way that way if something happens to the wii memory we could still save on sd cards..

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night