Hardware Wii remotes not syncing to the console

fyredragon

whats a gbatemp
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have a problem. I'm having a problem with my Wii remotes. They won't sync with the console. I can still boot to priiloader and homebrew channel and navigate with a GameCube controller, but that's about it. I've already done hours of googling for solutions, but NONE of them have worked for me. I've tried unplugging the console for 1 hour, removing the batteries from the remote for 2-3 minutes and clearing the synced remotes from the Wii. Are there any homebrew solutions to fix this or am I SOL?

Reactions: Alexander1970

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
I have a problem. I'm having a problem with my Wii remotes. They won't sync with the console. I can still boot to priiloader and homebrew channel and navigate with a GameCube controller, but that's about it. I've already done hours of googling for solutions, but NONE of them have worked for me. I've tried unplugging the console for 1 hour, removing the batteries from the remote for 2-3 minutes and clearing the synced remotes from the Wii. Are there any homebrew solutions to fix this or am I SOL?

Hello.:)

Have you tried it on the Safety/Health Screen and/or when you boot in the Wii System Menu ?

Are your Wii Motion Controllers original Nintendo ones ?

Thank you.:)

Reactions: jeannotte

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
I have

I have tried it on the Health & Safety screen and all the remotes are genuine Nintendo remotes.

What happens to the Lights on the Wii Motion Controller when you try to re-sync it please ?
Does all 4 lights flashing ?

Did you use USBLoader GX and maybe turned on NAND Emulation to FULL ?

fyredragon

whats a gbatemp
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

What happens to the Lights on the Wii Motion Controller when you try to re-sync it please ?
Does all 4 lights flashing ?

Did you use USBLoader GX and maybe turned on NAND Emulation to FULL ?
All four lights blink on the controller when I try and sync them and I never recall using USBLoader GX.

fyredragon

whats a gbatemp
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Can you please tell us the exact Steps how did you do this ?
First, I have the Wii fully powered down. Then I turn it on, wait for the health & safety screen to show up and then press and hold the red sync button under the SD cover for 15 seconds.

Sent from my SM-J327W using Tapatalk

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
First, I have the Wii fully powered down. Then I turn it on, wait for the health & safety screen to show up and then press and hold the red sync button under the SD cover for 15 seconds.

Would you be so kind and try it again with a longer time (up to 30 Seconds) please ?

And an other Thing please: Did you installed some cIOS/WAD or something before this happened ?
I do not think that the Wii´s Bluetooth Modul is broken because your Wii is normally booting.:(

fyredragon

whats a gbatemp
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Would you be so kind and try it again with a longer time (up to 30 Seconds) please ?

And an other Thing please: Did you installed some cIOS/WAD or something before this happened ?
I do not think that the Wii´s Bluetooth Modul is broken because your Wii is normally booting.:(
So, the 30 second trick did not work, and I do remember installing CIOS to IOS249 and IOS250. I think I only installed a wiiflow forwarder so that I don't have to use the homebrew channel but that shouldnt affect the controllers.

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
So, the 30 second trick did not work, and I do remember installing CIOS to IOS249 and IOS250. I think I only installed a wiiflow forwarder so that I don't have to use the homebrew channel but that shouldnt affect the controllers.

Hello.:)

I would also suggest you this yesterday:

Please go into Priiloader and boot directly into the Wii System Menu and try it again.
(As i understand you correct,you have always tried it only on the Safety/Health Screen ?)

- then hold the Sync Button on the Wii for 30 Seconds and release it.
- please press the Sync Button on the Wii once and press the Sync Button on the Wii Motion Controller and WAIT until it has sync again.

Last edited by Alexander1970,
Reactions: jeannotte

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs