Wii on pc

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by sam1996, May 28, 2009.

May 28, 2009

Wii on pc by sam1996 at 3:42 PM (538 Views / 0 Likes) 2 replies

1. sam1996
    OP

Newcomer sam1996 Member

United States
    I am trying to put my wii on my pc and then i would be able to sell my T.V. So i am looking at how to do this any suggestions.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Please Help! [​IMG]

2. Captin

Newcomer Captin Advanced Member

United Kingdom
    Yes you can use a PC monitor for the Wii, and incidently the PS3 and Xbox 360 too.

Google is your friend.

This is just 1 example, if you want both your pc and wii connected at the same time look for a vga switch.

3. Sir_Shaggy

Member Sir_Shaggy GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    I have this cable to connect to my 22" widescreen LCD monitor. The problem with my monitor is that it doesn't support switching between DVI and VGA too well (I think the chipset that supports source switching is busted). So needless to say the cable collects dust at the moment, unless I want to play the wii on my monitor exclusively. So if your interested in this cable make sure your monitor supports source switching if it has 2 inputs.

The cable works alright when I did get it to work. The audio plugs are a bit short so you might need to get some RCA extension cables depending on how far your audio source is from your monitor. The cable like it says only supports 480p, so many gamecube games don't support 480p. Its a bit tricky to first setup the cable correctly. It has 4 dip switches on the cable and depending on your monitor you toggle dip switch 1 through 4. Its mostly trail and error since you get a typical Chinese toilet paper translation instruction sheet. You'll need to use your old TV to connect the green rca video cable in order to navigate the wii settings (in black and white) to switch monitor resolutions. Once you get your wii configured its great, as long as you don't swap your wii back to a normal screen. Then you'll have to configure it all over again.

So its not the easiest solution to connect your wii to a monitor but its possible. I order through that company you linked, and they ship from Hong Kong inside a vanilla envelope with no packaging protection (bubble wrap, etc). They shipped to central Canada within 5-6 business days if I remember.