Wii Loader guide(s)?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by -AirStream-, Nov 29, 2008.

Nov 29, 2008

Wii Loader guide(s)? by -AirStream- at 11:00 AM (1,511 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. -AirStream-
    OP

Newcomer -AirStream- Newbie

United States
    Hello everyone, I apologize for the selfish act of making an account just to ask these questions. I've been browsing this forum for a while now for information on my NDS, just recently I have borrowed a Wii to allow it to play backups. I have seen many different threads about how to install it and everything but each time I read them many other questions arise. I'm hoping some of you may help me in finding answers. The main use of this Wii is to play games such as Naruto EX2 and/or EX3 to play with friends.

1) Which would be the easiest Loader to play those two games (as well as others)?
    I've seen Gamma, SoftChip, and a few other ones I'm not sure what they are.

2) I've seen somethings such as Starfall, WiiBrickBlocker, SaveMiiFrii, and many others. What would be the main thing needed just to avoid any problems. I also saw one that had to do with making it Region free.

3) How would you avoid bricking your Wii?
    I saw many threads stating that updating your game, Wii, or faulty ISO's may lead to this.

4) Patching an ISO is complicated to me.
    What is needed to patch? What is the importance of patching? Everyone mentions 1:1 and that Gamma does not need patching, what is that? Also there was something I read mentioning that you must patch your ISO and re-patch it to stop it from updating, what information is there on this and what software?

5) What DVD and what speed is recommended to burn?
    I read that a Verbatim DVD-R at 3x speed is good. True or False?

I apologize for this being so long, it may seem as though I did not search but I just need specific instructions before attempting anything. If any of you can please direct me to any thread that may enlighten me.

2. djdynamite123

Banned djdynamite123 Master Of Hardcore!

United Kingdom
    Personal preference, but write at 8x i say [​IMG]

All these can actually be "found" via "searching" this section like you say you have done, now happy downloading and installing upgrading/downgrading or whatever!!down to you...

3. IronMask

Member IronMask Official WiiStuntman First to Test ciosCorp!

United States
    Here are the answers in order of your questions...

1) Gamma (because it's a more official release)

2) Depending on what firmware version you need 3.2e or 3.2u to use Starfall (Any region changer gets
    you back to 3.2u, I believe)

3) Starfall

4) Don't patch (decrypt) any game with ISO patcher unless it is a game that needs to be patched with ISO249 and that is not many..There is a thread about it in this section talking about getting those games to work (Undead2, MortalKombat Arma.., Sam and Max Season1.. and a couple more)

5) DVD-R's are known to be the best on a LITE-ON drive... some say burn at max speed...I still burn all mine at 2.4x on a lite-on with latest firmware just to be safe. You will have to experiment a little if you want them to burn faster...but what is the hurry? It's still free!? and also try not to be doing too many other things if your computer is not so capabable of doing many things at once.

You beat me to it DJ...hehe

Later on you can experiment with Softchip... use one of the wads included in DJTaz's Gamma.zip that best fits your situation... if you have a ntsc maching you may want to use the autoboot force ntsc or visa versa...

Hope it helps

4. djdynamite123

Banned djdynamite123 Master Of Hardcore!

United Kingdom
    Down to him now.....we have given him his "required" replies...[​IMG]

All of the above i mentioned are a piece of piss, and are found on this "Hacking section"

5. ephumuris

Newcomer ephumuris Advanced Member

United Kingdom
    Quite similar to my thread i made yesterday and dj first to reply again [​IMG]

Here's my take.

1. Install the latest Backup Loader (0.3 Gamma) but also install the latest SoftChip. If one game doesn't work on one there is a small chance it could work in the other. I've got both of these.

2. Starfall.

3. Starfall.

4. Every 1:1 backup i've tried so far works great in Gamma, only Mario Galaxy skips a lot on cut scenes. Everything else works a treat. No patching necessary.

5. I burn to DVD-R's on my Lite-On and tried 2.4x and 4x and both worked great.

6. -AirStream-
    OP

Newcomer -AirStream- Newbie

United States
    Wow, thank you everyone for all the information. I really appreciate all of your help. Sorry for having to waste your time on responding to these questions, seems as though I may have missed many of the other threads you've all replied to. Once again, thank you!