wii is corrupting usb everytime

Discussion in 'Wii - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by bl4zz3r73553, Apr 26, 2014.

1. bl4zz3r73553
    OP

bl4zz3r73553 Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 19, 2014
    Canada
    Not sure if this in the right section, figured technically it is a usb drive so it is hardware.

SO using a 16gbusb stick. every time i launch anything from the homebrew it works. but the next time i turn on my wii, everything is blank.

i throw my usb stick in to my pc and it is telling me it needs to be formatted OR the stick is corrupted due to bad sectors. i scan it and usually 90%+ of the stick has bad sectors.

this si the second stick the wii has done this too and it has already bricked a previous usb stick.

can anyone shed some light on why this is?

every time i restart my wii or turn it off. then back on whenever. i have to reload all my apps, games, etc. just to get them to work once before the stick getting corrupted again.
    I am getting really frustrated and can find absolutely nothing on this topic.

2. ddetkowski

ddetkowski GBAtemp Maniac

Jun 15, 2009
    United States
    United States
    What format is the usb? Fat, NTFS, WBFS?

3. tbgtbg

tbgtbg Shaking the ring ropes up in the sky

Nov 27, 2006
    United States
    Pulling out the USB while it's being written to? You probably know better than to do that, but it's something that could cause this.