Hacking wii help

rondino evo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
hey everyone my wii is bricked i have priiloader installed also homebrew but i remember i bought this new game and after puttin the game in my wii it asked to update to play the game so i did that and i we into ocarina to check for game codes and my wii froze up after i reset my wii it booted with a black screen i looked on you tube for tutorials for help but none were successful can anyone help me to unbrick my wii or is my wii finished:blink:

Aractus

Trophies
Website
blog.aractus.com
XP
Country
It's probably the BT Module or something similar. Unless he has a korean-mod 003 brick on his "black screen", then the problem probably isn't the update.

Questions for rondino evo - 1. did the Wii work after the update, or did it immediately fail? 2. Did you re-install priiloader after updating your Wii (you can check if priiloader is installed by holding reset when you power on)? 3. Do you have bootmii installed as boot2?

rondino evo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
It's probably the BT Module or something similar. Unless he has a korean-mod 003 brick on his "black screen", then the problem probably isn't the update.

Questions for rondino evo - 1. did the Wii work after the update, or did it immediately fail? 2. Did you re-install priiloader after updating your Wii (you can check if priiloader is installed by holding reset when you power on)? 3. Do you have bootmii installed as boot2?

hello after i updated my we yes it worked after but was giving trouble reading all games on my usb drive with my games. and no i forgot to reinstall priiloader after update and i cannot remember if i had Bootmii as boot2. what do you suggest i do know?????

Aractus

Trophies
Website
blog.aractus.com
XP
Country
Then the update has nothing to do with the brick. If you have bootmii installed as boot2 or priiloader installed you can boot straight to the HBC and bypass the System Menu.

Here's a test you can do - do a savemiifrii if you have a GC controller handy. If you see the "recovery menu" (just the version number of your System Menu) then you know that 1. the System Menu is intact and not corrupt and 2. that its associated IOS is also intact and not corrupt. If that's the case, you probably need to replace the BT module - or - replace some other piece of hardware that's broken. The system menu fails to boot if it finds a hardware problem, if you could boot straight to the HBC you could test to find out what's not working.

Aractus

Trophies
Website
blog.aractus.com
XP
Country
ok well i tried the GC controller nothing worked i tried holding the reset button while powering on the wii nothing happen i even open my GC controller and cut out the groves for the directional pads nothing happen. so what you suggests i do now ?? is my wii finished
Okay, 1. I suggest you keep the discussions here, in your thread, as other members may be able to help you, other people who have a similar issue can read the discussion, and I'm not going to be replying to you any faster through a PM.

2. You said your wii worked after you updated it. So you can rule out the update causing your brick.

3. You should try loading bootmii straight to the HBC if you have it installed as boot2, or if you "may" have it installed. I've been trying to load their website, for you, and it's down. So, if you don't have the files, you can try this and launch whatever title you want.

rondino evo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Okay, 1. I suggest you keep the discussions here, in your thread, as other members may be able to help you, other people who have a similar issue can read the discussion, and I'm not going to be replying to you any faster through a PM.

2. You said your wii worked after you updated it. So you can rule out the update causing your brick.

3. You should try loading bootmii straight to the HBC if you have it installed as boot2, or if you "may" have it installed. I've been trying to load their website, for you, and it's down. So, if you don't have the files, you can try this and launch whatever title you want.

i have bootmii install i also downloaded the bootmii you suggested nothing happen

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte