Gaming Wii help!

Neku_Sakuraba

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
We had to turn of the power in our house to do repairs and my sister was playing harvest moon and whne the power went of it turned off! completly! So i looked at the manual cause the problem is that there was no led light on at all showing that the wii was on. The manual said to turn it if for 2 minutes. So we did then we plugged it back in but still nothing! we did it again but over night instead of 2 minutes and still no go! Could someone tell me what my problem is cause my parents may blame me! though i am like 16. Help!
cry.gif

BillandAlisha

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
By "turning it off" you mean by unplugging the Ac adapter from both the wii and the wall plug.....right? If not do that, and let it rest for a few minutes. Then, plug them both in, and it should work.

It's nerve racking I know, just take a deep breath and plug it back in.

Finishoff

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Leave it unplugged for one whole day and see if works the next day. It might of been damaged when the electric went out suddenly and short circuit the wii, just give it a day and see, the worse may be the system is fried. You can try plugging it in different outlets or using another ac plug.

wiibro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
like olliepop2000 said check the fuse. cause when the power went out it porbably absorbed it or whatever, and so it's probably dead, so try replacing the fuse.

Dr. Canuck

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Sounds like your Wii might be fried. Let this be an important lesson to you, always, always, always, properly power down any piece of electronics (especially televisions, gaming systems, and most of all, computers), and then unplug them. You also want to do this during a thunder storm, even if your power isn't off yet.
Best case scenario: your fuse is out.
Ok case scenario: it's just your power supply unit.
Worst case scenario: your Wii is totally and completely fucked and your parents and sister will likely hate you forever
frown.gif

xvinh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I sometimes unplug the AC adapter without pressing power-off button. Would that damage my Wii? And why would my Wii be damaged when the electric suddenly went out?

Dr. Canuck

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
It's a complicated piece of technology that needs to be turned off in the way it's designed... also you don't know exactly what will happen when the power suddenly turns off, could shock the system and pooof. There's lots of components inside your Wii that store electrical energy, these pieces need to be discharged properly.
That's why you have an option to power down your PC properly, or you could just pull the cable. The Wii is no different. Have you ever pulled out a USB jump drive from your computer? Put a lot of data on it and do it enough times and see what happens, it's no different.

xvinh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
biggrin.gif
I always pull the usb out without doing that "safe removal" thing. Never had any problem so far, but who knows? =D I find it extremely annoying having to do that stuff. >_

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: this is him being described