Wii Help Required

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by shanefromoz, Oct 26, 2008.

Oct 26, 2008

Wii Help Required by shanefromoz at 10:06 AM (729 Views / 0 Likes) 2 replies

1. shanefromoz

Member shanefromoz GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jun 18, 2007
    Hi All,

Ok i have a wii with 3.2e and a wiikey installed.
    Currently i have the hbc channel installed but only beta 8.
    Now beta 9 is out and im wondering if i update will things like gecko still work?
    Also should i do the wii shop update and ios51 even if i dont buy anything from the wii shop?
    Whats the difference between starfall and the cios fix and which would be better for me?
    I also would like to know what is the most current wad installer i should use is wad manager 1.2 correct?
    Thanks is advance.

2. snake2

Newcomer snake2 Advanced Member

Oct 25, 2008
    United States
    you can upgrapde to beta9 no problem just start beta8 then it will ask you to update and it will only update the HBC

I would atleast install the IOS51 because future games may need it to play if you dont use the shop channel the don't worry about that

I don't know enough about either starfall or cIOS to be any help there

Just use WAD manager
  3. Chinman

Member Chinman GBAtemp Regular

Dec 16, 2006
    United Kingdom
    if you install homebrew channel beta 9, then you need to install the dol versions, elf do not work. after i upgraded gecko os and homebrew browser stopped working, replaced with dol versions, now working.

installing the ios51 is not necessary at the moment, unless you want to use the shop. i installed tona's ios51 via hbc with no problems, and can now access the shop, and all discs run fine

starfall is a great program, i used to remove health warning and annoying chiming music on the menu, also to make your wii region free from startup and block updates. any discs that dont work, i can run via gecko os. wii locks if freeloader is used though (it is the wii region free and skip updates on disc options that make the wii freeze). also has a recovery menu, which i have read can help with banner bricks by being able to boot twilight princess hack, and uninstalling the wad that banner bricked your wii.

* start starfall by button mashing B and 1 simultaneously until the options screen appears (usually 3 or 4 times), no fear of doing anything bad, as button 2 initiates any installing

** latest wad manager is 1.21