Wii HDD Broken?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by chaospker98, Jul 28, 2011.

1. chaospker98
    OP

chaospker98 Member

Newcomer
    Jun 25, 2009
    Canada
    So after about 1 year (I think) of not playing Wii, I decided to come back and play. I booted it up, navigated to my USB Loader GX, and let it rip. It gave me the "waiting for your slow USB device" message. I switched the USB ports, unplugged it and plugged it back in, and put another USB device into the other slot. Nothing worked. It USED to work fine...

I brought my Wii HDD upstairs and stuck it into the computer. It shocked me when my computer didn't recognize it. I am certain that when I formatted it to WBFS, I made a small partion of it FAT. I downloaded the new WBFS manager. Even it would not recognize my HDD. After some more vigorous searching, I found a little guide. I opened up my "Computer Management" thingy and went to "Disk Management". The external HDD didn't show up on here either.

I'm running a 4.1U Wii. My HDD is a 320GB WD My Passport Essential (if I remember correctly).

What do I need to do to be able to run Wii games off of this HDD again?

2. Langin

Langin HI! ^O^

Jul 29, 2008
    Netherlands
    The Hague
    A new HDD. Sorry friend I think your device is dead. [​IMG]

WWWWWWOOOOWW wait try another USB-Cable! Could work!

Else do you have any warranty's left?

3. chaospker98
    OP

chaospker98 Member

Newcomer
    Jun 25, 2009
    Canada
    I'll try getting a new cable. You think Futureshop/Best Buy would sell them?

4. Langin

Langin HI! ^O^

Jul 29, 2008
    Netherlands
    The Hague
    Hmm I think it is the best to ask them in the shop(if you live near one of those.) Because BB and FutureShop are not in Holland if I remember it good.

5. PsyBlade

PsyBlade Snake Charmer

Jul 30, 2009
    Gambia, The
    Sol III
    check your other usb devices for a cable you can test with
    2.5 -> hubs, mp3, phone
    3.5 -> hubs, printers

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice