wii hacking unsuccesful

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by DryerRaptor4441, Oct 13, 2018.

1. DryerRaptor4441
    OP

DryerRaptor4441 Member

Newcomer
    Jun 1, 2018
    Ireland
    so, i have a black wii and i have it on 4.3e and have hacked it with letterbomb. hombrew channel installed. i tried a burnt game with neogamma, apparently drive too new for dvd-rs. using cfg loader, usb loader gx and wiiflow lite dont work when i have wbfs games on a usb plugged into the bottom port. currently i just play bought games (2nd hand) but theyre expensive. haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaalp please

2. face235

face235 GBATemp's Official Lurker

Apr 16, 2017
    United States
    Beyond the 4th Wall
    Calm down.

1. Is your "WBFS" folder on the root of the usb HDD? The folder containg the Wii game's .wbfs goes in here.

USB= root ->
    WBFS folder ->
    WII GAME folder ->
    WII GAME.wbfs

2. Did you tell the loaders to select the USB instead of the SD Card? You have to go into settings to do this. They default to the SD Card, change it to USB.

3. It's also important for the game's ID to be in brackets on the Wii Game folder.
    Example: WII GAME [GAMEID]
    You can find your game's ID at https://www.gametdb.com

3. CMDreamer

CMDreamer GBAtemp Fan

Oct 29, 2014
    Mexico
    If the problem is with WBFS files not being on their correct locations and/or file names being wrong, just use WiiBackupManager and it will put them where they belong and in the correct format naming.

The configuration recomended by face235 is also something you should check. As it is the main reason that USB loaders might not work correctly.

Last edited by CMDreamer, Oct 13, 2018
  4. DryerRaptor4441
    OP

DryerRaptor4441 Member

Newcomer
    Jun 1, 2018
    Ireland
    face, done all that.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

also, sometimes they come up in loaders, i select one and then pow, full-screen error message saying exception (dsi) occured and a string of numbers & letters

i use backup manager cmdreamer

done that face

oh just realised that it merged them.

5. XFlak

XFlak Wiitired but still kicking

Sep 12, 2009
    Canada
    Ontario
    Use ModMii and your problems will likely disappear

ddetkowski likes this.
  6. face235

face235 GBATemp's Official Lurker

Apr 16, 2017
    United States
    Beyond the 4th Wall
    I have a crazy idea!

Take the SD Card out of the Wii, and create a WBFS folder at the root of it. If your SD Card is small, pick one of your smaller Wii games and put it there. Put the SD Card back in the Wii. Go back into loader settings and revert back to SD Card temporarily.

Your test game should show up. Start it to see if anything changes. Success or failure.

By the way, did you use ModMii after modding your Wii? It is highly recommended as it will help you get fully updated with all homebrew for the Wii. I believe that might also help you with your conundrum.

Ninja'd by XFlak...:)

ddetkowski likes this.