Wii hack requests?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by loserkidsblink18, Jun 30, 2010.

Jun 30, 2010

Wii hack requests? by loserkidsblink18 at 8:54 PM (1,535 Views / 0 Likes) 9 replies

1. loserkidsblink18
    OP

Member loserkidsblink18 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Not sure if any of this is technically possible, but do you think through system hacks we could enable rumble in Virtual Console titles? I'm not an expert (or even mildly educated) in the matter of VC-Wii coding, but I'm assuming that every time an action occurs in an N64 title that has a rumble feedback, a flag triggers for the system to make the controller rumble. Couldn't that be rerouted to the gamecube controller? For that matter, would it be possible to allow Wii remote + nunchuk playback for virtual console titles by making the Wii think it's a typical gamecube controller and remapping the buttons?

Also, would it be possible that code dumps could have a "Press A to return to the Home Screen" option? I'll get all snug and American on the other side of the room.. then an application will cause me to crash and I have to get up, hold the Power Button down, boot the Wii back up and all that other great stuff.

If you guys want, feel free to jack this into a "Wii System Hacks Request" thread. Interested to see what features could be plausible and if we could pull the time/resources/information together to either officially debunk these or pull them off.

2. megazig

Member megazig SU

United States
    you can reset an exception screen with a gamecube controller. no need to get up

3. TRushInfo

Banned TRushInfo Banned

United States
    but the gc cords are so short lol, Ive got 2 different brand extension cords and neither on will work for me.

I like your ideas OP but sadly without a motivated coder we may never see them come to life, but hopefully so!

4. rommy667

Member rommy667 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Ireland
    Get a wave bird and ya dont have to worry about cords [​IMG]

5. DJPlace

Member DJPlace P!ssed OFF Pyscho of GBA!!

United States
    good luck with that there a bitch to find. i was lucky my step cousin's had 2.

6. TRushInfo

Banned TRushInfo Banned

United States
    yea ive been all over the tri state looking for one, but u bastards keep buying them first!!!

7. terminal_illness

Member terminal_illness Dark Hadou Master

Canada
    i just extended mine with scissors, electrical tape and random wires i had lying about. added about 10 feet to the cord and works 100% perfect.

8. .Chris

Member .Chris Pffft.

United States
    i find those at gamestop, i has three of them.

9. AceOfAces

Member AceOfAces GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I've kept onto mines for over 5 years. Still works great.

10. toguro_max

Member toguro_max GBAtemp Fan

Brazil
    About the wavebird, i got lucky a couple of years ago when i "won" the bidding for a pair of these on eBay [​IMG]

About the topic itself... It is probably possible, but I think that it must be done for each game, or something...
    Just like my other topic that had almost no replies, i think it's possible, but no one with the knowledge to do it cares about it (not complaing, just to make myself clear).