Hacking Wii Hack Idea, Making alt gamecube memory pack

Tweaked

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
hey all, im not sure if this is possible, or even worth the effort it could take (i have absoloutly nooo clue) but would it be possible to somehow make the wii look to your computer as the memory card for a gamecube?

Or perhaps even a flashcard, as they all have usb attachments and can function as harddrives ?

Sorry if this is stupid and have wasted 30 seconds of your life :[

shazattaz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
there's also SD Geckos which are essentially modified GC Mem. cards that you can plug your SD cards into.

they're only like 5 bucks too.

Tweaked

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
D: awsome! thanks
biggrin.gif

Tweaked

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
hmm after looking at it, i see why what im asking is probily impossible via simply a usb cord between your wii and your computer.

sigh, a guy could dream.

(mind you, just for saves, nothing else)

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It is possible, you would just need something to translate the GC memory port calls (which as I understand are similar to SD) to something the computer would understand (which can be just about anything provided you know what you are doing). The main problem is you will probably need to create a virtual drive to do it. However nobody has really needed such a device as there are plenty of ways to manage saves with software.

If you mean the Wii USB port I have not seen much USB->USB communication stuff (at least not without something in the middle) and the wii still needs to be figured out (we do not even have a widespread homebrew loader yet).

BigX

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
to give a quick answer/post to the USB-USB connection:
USB is a master-slave system. The Master includes the controller (generally the part of a system with an A-outlet - the thing on the back of the wii and you pc)
so would you connect those two master-outlets you not only would just shortcut the two power units.
Also you cannot connect two masters, you at least would need some kind of shared memory in the middle (that the thing you normally see on such connection cables).

Long-Story-Short....look after one of the Geckos (SD or USB) ;-)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1