Hacking wii guitar question

chillyloop

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
If I bought a wii guitar off ebay would it work with the guitar hero and rock band games that I have on my usb hard drive? Like are there any issues with this?

trades1981

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I bought a GHIII guitar (LesPaul) from Gamestop a month back for 14.99 and it plays on GH: World Tour, GH: Greatest Hits, GH: Metallica and Rockband Beatles running off USB loader perfectly!

dole

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
A Guitar Hero guitar (GH3, GH:WT, GH5) will work on any of the GH games, Rockband Track Pack 2 (IIRC), Rockband 2, and RB: Beatles. It will NOT work on RB1 or RB1 Track Pack 1, regardless of whether it's loaded via disc or USB. A RB guitar will work with any RB game, but will NOT work with ANY of the GH games.

http://cdn.guitarhero.com/ghhub/gh_compatibility.pdf

jakejm79

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually RB (2) guitar and drums will work with GH5, just not GH:WT and before.
Basically I don't believe there is a guitar that will work with all games, you either have all GH games and newer RB games (GH instruments) or all RB games and the newer GH games (RB instruments).

Mark McDonut

GBATemp's Resident Ghostbuster
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sure would be nice if a third party made one that shit on everyone and featured a switch to go between both guitar modes. That's been the one thing that's been setting me back from picking up an extra guitar as I own both rock band 1 and GH3. There's money to be made in a multi guitar I'm sure. (both via legit customers and pirates alike)

riddle43

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have two les paul ones (gh) and they work for all rock band and guitar hero games ive had no prob i didnt know there was one huh odd

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-