Wii freezing! Help!

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by morrissey2k7, Apr 1, 2009.

Apr 1, 2009

Wii freezing! Help! by morrissey2k7 at 12:10 AM (526 Views / 0 Likes) 0 replies

1. morrissey2k7
    OP

Newcomer morrissey2k7 Member

United States
    OK, here's my problem. It's not major or totally debilitating, but it's annoying nonetheless.

If I go into the Save Data menu in Data Management, and then attempt to back out or access my SD card, my Wii freezes. I can access the Save Data screen and delete (etc) my save files that are in the Wii's memory, but as soon as I attempt to leave, the Wii freezes.

I've been installing a BUNCH of stuff lately, so I can't exactly pinpoint the culprit. I'm not a total noob to Wii hacking (regardless of my # of posts here, haha) -- I've had HBC on my Wii for ages, and have been using the Backup Launcher and GC Backup Launcher since they've been released. I have FW 4.0 and I patched my IOS60 before upgrading to that (per Kongsnutz' awesome guide I found here). The problem started a day or two after I installed that, so that's not the problem. I did install the USB Loader last night, but the freezing problem started before that. The only thing I can think of is that it's related to a VC or WiiWare .wad I installed, but I've never heard of something like that causing this condition.

If anyone has had a similar situation, please share some insight.

I FOUND IT: It was Mega Man 9 DLC. I thought I had uninstalled it with Wad Manager, but it remained on the system after I had uninstalled MM9, and it was causing the freezing issue. I removed it with AnyTitleDeleter. Hope this helps someone in need!