Wii freezing! Help!

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by morrissey2k7, Apr 1, 2009.

1. morrissey2k7
    OP

morrissey2k7 Member

Newcomer
    Mar 13, 2008
    United States
    OK, here's my problem. It's not major or totally debilitating, but it's annoying nonetheless.

If I go into the Save Data menu in Data Management, and then attempt to back out or access my SD card, my Wii freezes. I can access the Save Data screen and delete (etc) my save files that are in the Wii's memory, but as soon as I attempt to leave, the Wii freezes.

I've been installing a BUNCH of stuff lately, so I can't exactly pinpoint the culprit. I'm not a total noob to Wii hacking (regardless of my # of posts here, haha) -- I've had HBC on my Wii for ages, and have been using the Backup Launcher and GC Backup Launcher since they've been released. I have FW 4.0 and I patched my IOS60 before upgrading to that (per Kongsnutz' awesome guide I found here). The problem started a day or two after I installed that, so that's not the problem. I did install the USB Loader last night, but the freezing problem started before that. The only thing I can think of is that it's related to a VC or WiiWare .wad I installed, but I've never heard of something like that causing this condition.

If anyone has had a similar situation, please share some insight.

I FOUND IT: It was Mega Man 9 DLC. I thought I had uninstalled it with Wad Manager, but it remained on the system after I had uninstalled MM9, and it was causing the freezing issue. I removed it with AnyTitleDeleter. Hope this helps someone in need!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice