Hacking Wii Freeloader bricking?

llatnik

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I was wondering if the Freeloader might risk you bricking your console if its being used to play a game that needs a firmware update to run, and that update is from a different region to yours. Given that putting a diff region firmware update on your console can brick it

I ask this as i have heard this is a danger associated with the Wii modchips, and i think this is definitely something that needs to be covered as i can see the Freeloader being used to play new import games, and I can also see people potentially staring into the blank screen of a dead Wii should this be a potential risk^^

TaMs

Randomizer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
I don't think it'll be a problem, because it only promps to update in the wii menu. And if u use freeloader. You just launch it. Swap the disc and play. (I assume that it's swap disc thing, but not sure)

kedest

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
I still have my doubt about that freeloader. I'm wondering which method it uses to make the games regionfree.
If it's just a software alternative to the same method current modchips are using, the compatilbity is not very good.

Hardcore Gamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Someone from neogaf e-mailed Datel and got a reply. The site is down but I'll paste it later.

Basically it says it will bypass the updates and won't allow them to happen but if you do decide to update, freeloader will still work afterwards. It was written by someone who English isn't their first language but that's what it appeared to say.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    I @ idonthave: :)