OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was playing SSBB and while I was playing it, it said disc read error
So I turned the wii off and tried again... Same Thing
So I tried to play a burnt wii game on neogamma... THE SAME THING
So I put Brawl in and the disc channel now doesnt recognize the disc or any other disc and GC Discs
I really don't know how or what happened.. I just really need to know why it doesnt work
Also the wii discs dont spin around anymore
What wrong with my wii?
Thanks I REALLY APRECIATTE IT

Kurossaki652

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
machomuu said:
Was this SSBB a retail disc or a burnt disc?
Also, what was the other game you tried loading?
It is an original disc
The burnt game I tried was Naruto GNT Special
The Gamecube game I tried was Luigi's Mansion
They all worked fine before
I also tried other wii games(not burnt) and they wont read either
Is it the laser for the wii because this week I have been playing bralw on GeckoOS it most of the times it said no dvd found
so I had to try it over and over until it worked
Is it the laser??
Thanks
frown.gif

Kurossaki652

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Something wierd really happened
I unplgged it and waited for like 2-3 hours (I think)
So I Pugged it back in, so I tried out Luigi's Mansion and it worked
I tried a burnt Tatsunoko vs. Capcom and IT WORKED
I tried the retail Elebits and IT WORKED
So I tried SSBB and it showed up on the disc channel
BUT when I pressed pressed start it took me back to the system menu
So I tried again with SSBB and it said error had occured on SSBB
So I turned off the wii and turned it back on and all the games stopped working
So I think its the laser
Also I had the first batch of wiis so thats probably it

Aijelsop

Question Asker
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Happened to me... Your only choice is to buy a new drive - or the dreadful... send it to Nintendo. (I had to send it in)

Donkey Plonk

Trophies
XP
Country
Aijelsop said:
Happened to me... Your only choice is to buy a new drive - or the dreadful... send it to Nintendo. (I had to send it in)
No, just buy a new laser. They're like £10 and pretty damn easy to fit.
A launch date wii is not gonna be under warranty so they'd charge to fix anyway and I'd put money on it being more than the cost of a laser

neotank19

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nintendo will still fix it for free even being a launch wii. Just tell them ssbb wont work and the rest of your games play fine. Although if they fix it they will give you the new drive that can't read backups.

Donkey Plonk

Trophies
XP
Country
neotank19 said:
Nintendo will still fix it for free even being a launch wii. Just tell them ssbb wont work and the rest of your games play fine. Although if they fix it they will give you the new drive that can't read backups.
LOL, Very helpful to someone who clearly uses backups discs from what hes said in the opening post.

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Donkey Plonk said:
neotank19 said:
LOL, Very helpful to someone who clearly uses backups discs from what hes said in the opening post.
yeah i'm sure they will just ignore neogamma on it
laugh.gif

neotank19

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Donkey Plonk said:
neotank19 said:

Better read again he said he used an original super smash brothers brawl disk.

Bladexdsl said:
Donkey Plonk said:
QUOTE(neotank19 @ Feb 21 2011, 10:00 AM)
laugh.gif

Neogamma may not even be on his wii. You can load it from the homebrew channel or a foward channel.

Yes it's possible nintendo won't fix it if they detect unauthorised software on it "Check Disk for Pre-Repair Process
"
but then again they might. Obviously you would want to remove any homebrew you have on it before sending it in.

Oh and even if they refuse to fix it it still won't cost you anything as they pay for the shipping. If the OP is happy buying a laser and fixing it himself he's probably way better of anyways as he will keep his drive that can play backups and bootmii@boot2.

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
neotank19 said:
Donkey Plonk said:
neotank19 said:

Better read again he said he used an original super smash brothers brawl disk.

Bladexdsl said:
Donkey Plonk said:
QUOTE(neotank19 @ Feb 21 2011, 10:00 AM)
laugh.gif

Neogamma may not even be on his wii. You can load it from the homebrew channel or a foward channel.
yeah i'm sure they will just ignore THEM on it
laugh.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    TaylorMaria @ TaylorMaria: Thanks to Cyberspace Hack Pro, I was able to recover my stolen bitcoin worth $47,000. Their...