Hardware Wii Disc Read Error

haddaway234

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I recently installed the Wii backup loader 0.3 gamma. I am running on 3.3u. I downloaded and burned 2 games at 4x speed on ascent dvd-r's. I burned Guitar Hero Modern Rock Edition (GH Custom Tracks) and No More Heroes. For a week I have had no problems although whenever I'm in the city in No More Heroes it makes a lot of weird noises but still ran.

But after about almost 6 hours of play right after killing the rank 6 box, I paid the money I need to pay and when I go into my house the cutscene starts like it should. But after the head of the associates tells me that their phone connection is breaking up the screen fades, the wii stops making any noise and it takes me to a screen that just says "Wii disc read error consult the operations manual".

I waited there because I sounded like a joke because it happens after the person says their connection is breaking up but nothing happens. The Wii even stops making any noises what so ever. I have tried turning it off and back on a couple of times with no luck. Any help with this problem would be very appreciated.

lll

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
It's possible you've got a dodgy rip or a dodgy burn if it happens at the same spot, although there's always a small chance it's an incompatibility with the custom IOS.

I assume that, after the cutscene ends, the game tries to read or run something different and promptly shits itself.

Try reburning the disc again, and if they're 16x discs burn it faster than 4x. The general rule is don't go under half the rated speed unless you've got a good reason. For 16x discs, 8x or 12x will usually give better results. Even for 8x discs with a newer burner (or newer burner firmware) you might find that 8x gives better results.

haddaway234

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Alright I'll try reburning it, but I have another question. Is it true that the slower you burn the faster the results? Because doesn't that mean I should try burning at like 2.4x speed?

Golfman560

TheRapist.com
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Burn either at 2x, 4x or 8x. The slower you burn the slower it will take, and a higher chance of getting a good, however some drives actually "flip out" when burning that that speed and will screw up the burn. Best bet is probably 4x.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Lol Veho.