Wii Disc Error Problem

Discussion in 'Wii - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by xGRUMPYx, Dec 26, 2011.

Dec 26, 2011

Wii Disc Error Problem by xGRUMPYx at 6:35 AM (512 Views / 0 Likes) 6 replies

1. xGRUMPYx
    OP

Newcomer xGRUMPYx Advanced Member

United States
    Yesterday For Some Reason The Disc Error Appeared, I Thought It Was The Disc But No, I Tried Several Other Ones And Still No Luck, I Open The Whole Wii To See What Was Wrong, I Notice The Disc Dont Even Spin, Is It The Motor Or The Laser That Needs To Be Replace?? Can Anyone Help?? How Can I Make Sure What Needs To Be Replace??

2. JonathanMiddleto

Newcomer JonathanMiddleto Newbie

if the disk doesn't spin it most likely that its the motor but replacing both be good but could u give me more info like have u play cod bo or mw3 little details help .

3. xGRUMPYx
    OP

United States
    THNX For the reply, my bad dude should of add more details, well actually i do play them both, but not like everyday, well could it be because my wii is one of the older models?? Meaning that my wii was manufactured in 06, well when i open the whole wii the disc will only spin when it feels like it.. if u want more details let me know.

4. xGRUMPYx
    OP

United States
    i notice that the laser doesnt have that little red light ON when i insert a wii game, So if the laser is dead the disc wont spin?? can i get a confirmation on that plz? so i could buy a laser replacement asap.. ....UPDATE: Also If i poke the laser with the screw driver all of a sudden the disc SPINS!!! lol, but when i play the game the laser starts makin this awkward noise then i get a black screen saying a error has occurred, that please eject the disc and ect..

5. kano

Newcomer kano Advanced Member

Malta
    might as well try the least expensive thing
    buy a wii lens cleaner and see if it improve things
    also even if your laser or motor is dead there is still the usb loading option and its much more faster and convinient than using discs

6. xGRUMPYx
    OP

United States
    problem solved! Im so relief! it was the laser, i tooo it to my friend's repair shop n took out one of his wii's laser n tested out on my drive n the game shows on the disc channel :) too bad he didn't have any lasers available, good thing i saw some at ebay for less than 10 bucks, my question is am i suppose to get a specific laser replacement so it could read backups??

7. Lucif3r

Member Lucif3r GBAtemp Maniac

Sweden
    Laser doesnt matter. Its the drivechip that decides if you can read backups or not. And since your Wii was made in -06, Id say its quite certain your drive can read backups :)