Wii Console Serial Number

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by pro_viruz, Jun 25, 2009.

Jun 25, 2009

Wii Console Serial Number by pro_viruz at 5:10 AM (1,789 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. pro_viruz
    OP

Newcomer pro_viruz Advanced Member

Philippines
    Please put ur first 4 character serial here, so that people will now that they can homebrew it or not.

Mine i sent to nintendo for repairs and they send me a new one for free, but the serial number change.

The question is wii console with the serial starts with LU35, can be homebrew? coz i know some wii console are not made to be homebrew.

Please advice if i can homebrew,so that i can start playing my backup games.

2. nabster92

Member nabster92 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    Any Wii is hackable at the moment, it's just a question of whether or not your Wii is an LU64+ type of Wii. If it is you have to do it in a different manner than normal that doesn't involve downgrading anything since it wouldn't work on those Wii's.

If for any reason you feel that your Wii may possibly be an LU64+ type of Wii, it can't hurt to treat it as one and just get your cIOS installed as you would on an LU64+ Wii via cboot2.

Edit: And since you asked anyways, my wii is a launch Wii so it's serial is LU10 and clearly not an LU64+ type of Wii.

3. pro_viruz
    OP

Philippines
    So it means, only both LU64 & LU65 is hard to homebrew, other than that, it is ok? i have LU35 which BIG N replaced my old BRICK wii console.

so LU35 can be homebrew in the normal version?

4. Finishoff

Member Finishoff GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I have a LU50. Yes LU35 can be used with homebrew.

5. pro_viruz
    OP

Philippines
    Thanks guys! its nice to know what console serial can be softmod. regardless of which version of system menu your console has.